Default Moving Fuel Cell to the right

My chassis builder has an idea and I wanted to see what people on here thought about it. Our car handles good now but of course we always want to try new things. His idea is that instead of mounting the fuel cell to the left or even in the center like a lot of people do, we should try mounting it to the right side. Then his idea is that as you burn off fuel and weight from the RR, you will actually add cross and bite to the LR so instead of a car getting looser towards the end of a race, it would get tighter, in theory anyway. My fuel cell can slide back and forth now so we thought we would put it on the scales and move it to the right and then move some lead from in front of the fuel cell to the LR to balance it out. The goal would be to keep our corner weights and percentages the same as before while moving the fuel to the right. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It doesnt make much difference. And it doesnt add cross or bite.

Default Huge

Huge difference if running alcohol!

Quote Originally Posted by wrengoodman114 View Post
    Huge difference if running alcohol!
    Where do street stocks run alcohol?

Smile

Just saying!
    If you burn 4 gallons of gas or alcohol in a race, thats around 20-25 pounds, thats one percent of 2000 or 2500 pound race car!
    THE FUEL CELL DOES CHANGE WEIGHT DURING THE RACE!

WREN GOODMAN
    LITTLE RIVER SPEEDWAY
    1-256-452-9390

Prolly be equivelent to more than 1-2%, since its hanging out past the rear end a good foot or two.
    2010 Dirtona Speedway IMCA Stock Track Champion

AMSoil Dealer, beckett.roy@gmail.com

we set our car up that way. at the beginning of the race it drives terrible by the end our car comes around to us we typically burn off 7-9 gallons a race. we fuel up before the main everytime.

If the cell is on the left as you burn off fuel the car will loose left BUT that will allow the right side to gain weight which will tighten up the chassis by helping the right side dig in. If you mount it to the right as the car burns fuel it will loose rear % and gain in left side weight which should both cause it to get looser as the right looses weight and you loose rear.
    If you look at a late model, as the supers run larger features you will notice that some will move the cell to the left so as the track looses grip the added right side will aid right side traction.
    355 with a 4bbl, about 400hp in a 50 lap feature burns about 5-6 gallons of fuel. That is a lot of weight.
    Last edited by Egoracing; 03-11-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Thanks Ego,
    I didn't have time to explain details, I just seen the wrong answer to somebodys question.
    I figured somebody would explain before I got back on! I'm going down the road lol.

Wren Goodman
    LittleRiverSpeedway.com
    1-256-452-9390

Ours is adjustable, and can be moved right, left, or up and down, in just a few minuets

I don't think it will help you any...if you move it to the right, you will just have to move some weights back to the left rear to get your % right.