Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default worse race I ever saw at Cleveland Speedway.

Went to Cleveland Saturday night and watched the most boring race I ever saw in thirty years of going to dirt track racing. One groove track in every race. Will never give my money again to Cleveland Speedway. Thirty eight cars for ten thousand to win. When a rookie Tanner Works run top eight all night long, has to be a one groove track. AWFUL!! Monty needs to take lessons from Boyds Speedway on how to run a track. Thank you.

Choo - Choo

YA, and the O show had alot faster car then 4th just couldnt go anywhere.
    choo-choo

Between them having practice Friday night and the wind all day yesterday, you just had to know the track was going to be hard and slick. But I still went anyway.

Smile O Show

I had planned on going but got sick, what happened to Owens, I figured he would dominate!

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Between them having practice Friday night and the wind all day yesterday, you just had to know the track was going to be hard and slick. But I still went anyway.
    Yep...me too. left half way through the feature.
    "SLM Junkie"

Every track can have a bad race... Dirt offers a variety of surface possibilities and sometimes the weather can throw a curve, especially if it abnormally cold, windy or threatening rain. One race doesn't define a track, they've all had their one groove races, even Eldora. If someone wants to cheer for their home track I think thats great, but don't bash another track from watching one race. JMO

ITS ALWAYS ONE GROOVED! i guess it's alright for someone to take money week after week after week after week and not do something about it. so yes. we can gripe. take about half the banking out. look what it did for the racing at boyds. no matter what the weather or track conditions, it is usually tight SIDE BY SIDE racing. just cause they're close, doesnt mean good racing. i thought i was at the tn railroad musuem. way too tight of a track for that much banking. clanton couldnt even do anything with the slow lapped cars. caution came out for some reason, and half the field pulled off. wonder what happened there.....hmmmm.

Cleveland is always a choo-choo and it is one big * hole. You fans that give them the money to see this boring crap are to blame. And 37 racers that are as big of a ** that show up to follow each other holds just as much blame, the only happy one was Clanton with the 10grand and i bet he was just happy to get out of there. This place is a joke next time stay at home or go to Boyds, Tazewell,Bulls Gap, N.Georgia to enjoy racing.

I've been to Cleveland several times over the years and I've always seen a good show, going back to 1995 HAT show that Freddy won, multi-groove. Then I have a video from the Shamrock 50 from 2009 and it was multi-groove with Moyer, McDowell and Madden swapping the lead several times, so the layout there doesn't appear to be a problem, if it can be good once it can be done again. My advice would be go someplace else if the show is unsatisfactory for you, like North Georgia or Boyds for example, nothing speaks louder than your dollars NOT being there. Next would be direct contact, ie a phone call or an email. I mean whats keeping you there if y'all hate it so much for so long?

been to Cleveland one time the racing was good I did like it better than Boyds which I've been there twice but nether one or any other track tops Rome.. NGA is almost as good hoping to get back up there soon.

Cleveland a video I did last year the racing was very good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OiVVLp-uME
    racing I do is going to the track I luv to watch

I was at the Gobbler last year and then Saturday night's race. Neither was a good race. The common denominator is they run on the track the night before. I think that is more of the problem. And as windy as it was most of the day Saturday, that didn't help. The track was already dry and hard when walking across it for the driver's meeting.

Attached Images Attached Images

it doesnt matter how much water they put on the track it just has to much banking up top and has become one lane lately. it needs alot of dirt took off the whole track , if its really wet then its wide open up top if its slick its slow up top.

Quote Originally Posted by ga racer View Post
    it doesnt matter how much water they put on the track it just has to much banking up top and has become one lane lately. it needs alot of dirt took off the whole track , if its really wet then its wide open up top if its slick its slow up top.
    does this mean you not gonna race ?
    race race race

Banking is not the problem, The track had the same banking in the Shamrock 50 from 2009 and that was one of the best races of all times. But this year and last year was a suckfest. I think it was the fact that they practice the night before. Heck look at Boyd' Cabin fever race this year. They did the same thing and it was black and rubberd up before the first race. Tracks need to stop running on the track the day before a race, It screws it up every time.
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

Quote Originally Posted by 99plummer View Post
    Banking is not the problem, The track had the same banking in the Shamrock 50 from 2009 and that was one of the best races of all times. But this year and last year was a suckfest. I think it was the fact that they practice the night before. Heck look at Boyd' Cabin fever race this year. They did the same thing and it was black and rubberd up before the first race. Tracks need to stop running on the track the day before a race, It screws it up every time.
    Totally Agree! I prefer a one night show anytime the racing is so much better,don't care about the car count just like to watch the racin/show and when I mean show all classes!But if the car count is high and a fast track all night would luv it to.
    Last edited by robuga; 03-14-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    If it slings dirt and goes sideways & fast I like it......

The win blowed like crazy all day!! The track is usually not that way!! If you had been there friday night you would have seen it was hammer down top to bottom!!!!!!

the banking is the problem, the bottom cannot keep up anymore and yea it may have been fast friday night but it still would have been one lane the top just has to much banking and the bottom is flat. oh yea it is alot different than 2009.

I pretty much attend all of Cleveland's big money races and most of the time the track provides great racing. I have attended and the track would have some pretty tough dips but again some of the best racing can be found at Cleveland. I don't buy the banking comments. I don't claim to know how to prep a track and it must be difficult but high 14's at Cleveland is laughable. There must have been 3000 people in attendance to witness this aweful display. I know the promoter at Cleveland has been doing this for years. Is track prep so difficult that you can't figure certain conditions to produce certain surfaces. Some said that the track was dry from the get go. Why?