Thread: rpm to high

Default rpm to high

We have a 2007 Warrior. We ran a 542 Gear and turned 6900 rpm, changed to
    a 522 Gear and turned 6900 rpm. Checked the tack and it seems OK.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be?

Yes you had the wrong gear in to begin with, when you went to the 522 I will bet you picked up speed and the car pulled longer down the straight. More speed means more RPM

C10 nailed it. If you turn the same RPM with a lower gear, you're going faster (assuming you're not lighting the tires up at the end of the straight).
    I would drop another 10 points and see if it does the same thing. It should also make the car a bit more drivable off the corners in slick conditions.

Im confused.You are saying if you are turning the same rpm with a lower gear, you are going faster???A 6.00 should be going faster than a 7.00 at 6000 rpms if you are hooked up .Is that right ???

What I am saying is he had too much gear to begin with. He was running out of engine half way down the straight with his combo. A 7.00 gear will reach max rpm much sooner then a 6.00 when this happens, it will limit straight away speed. When you drop to say a 6.70 gear, you may have not gone back in gear enough, so in turn, you picked up straightaway speed, and because of that you have actually GAINED RPM because the engine pulled harder, but still needs more gear. Drop to a 6.00 and you will find that finally the RPM will level off but you still have that gain in speed, without over reving the engine any more. Make sense? I tend to ramble....

Thats makes sense C10.Thanks for the reply.

your very welcome!

nice post, I can see your point, something different from other guy's, please keep updating. May I ask you write a review for ZOPO C3?