Thread: Shp

Default Shp

Anybody tried putting a 4.00 crank in a SHP block? If so did you have any unexpected issues? I know there will be considerable grinding just wanted to make sure it is possible. THANKS.

Very possible with minimal grinding. The SHP has more clearance than the Little M block.

Very possible with minimal grinding. The SHP has more clearance than the Little M block.
    I really don't know where you got your information from but the Little-M block are made to swing a 3.875 stroke with any steel rod.

The SHP block was made to swing a 3.750 stroke crank with any steel rod.

So how do you figure the SHP block has more clearance????????

To the OP it is possible to get a 4.000 arm in an SHP block and depending on the rods your using will depend on how much grinding and how small the base circle of you cam will be!!

I can answer that question! Plenty of room at the pan rails to clearance it. BUT,with a Callies Compstar crank and rods.....and a 660 lift roller with a 900 small base circle......You WILL have to grind on the rods to clear the lobes on the cam.I cut on mine until i had 0.45 clearance between them and it took quite a bit of grinding.I had my doubts if it would live when building it but it hit the 8000 chip several nights all season w/o a problem with 14* iron heads too that has 9 inch long pushrods.