Default steel head weight vs. aluminum head weight

I currently run a 604 crate engine and have bought a steel head limited engine and am wondering what the weight difference will be. I have to weigh more anyway with the steel head engine just not sure how much I will have to add to get my rear percentage correct. Thanks in advance for any help. John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

Pretty sure it is 40 lbs.

Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking 15-20 pounds a head.
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by jrkracing54 View Post
    I currently run a 604 crate engine and have bought a steel head limited engine and am wondering what the weight difference will be. I have to weigh more anyway with the steel head engine just not sure how much I will have to add to get my rear percentage correct. Thanks in advance for any help. John 1*
    Depends on a couple of things. The 604 uses a factory block, most limiteds use after market blocks which are heavier than factory ones. So the heads may be just #40 heavier, but I'll wager the block is another #40 at least as well. Food for thought.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

I'm pretty sure this engine has a bowtie block under it if that matters.
    — Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by jrkracing54 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this engine has a bowtie block under it if that matters.
    yea, it matters. bowtie ways more than a 604 block.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells