Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default adding stock clip to a old late model???

got a early 90s BWRC chassis i want put a stock clip on it for limited sportsman rules,..any suggestions on doing this an pictures would be cool!! an suggestions on witch clip an why?? thanks for any reply's!

Done it several times. Use a Camaro clip. The main rails on most Late Models line up perfectly with a camaro clip. Be sure to build yourself a jig of sorts to make sure everything is level. Check for square and make sure you have it chained or clamped down before welding so it doesn't warp.

thanks for the reply,...was hoping to get more!! its a square tube,2x2 chassis,..clip lot bigger,...how some yall making it work???

ours is a older 2x2 mastersbilt with a camoro clip like said befor the main rails are pritty close

we cut the old lm clip just befor the mid plate bars we do all the messuring of the mid plate bars

cut the clip just when it starts to go up slide it over the main rails do all the messuring tack it re mesure weld than jump from siode to side welding to help not warp anything. also you may have to take some flat plate to hematch the stock clip and the main rails just as there could be some gaps and other things we redo the main front hoop aswell we leave about 3" if the lm main hoop just befor the midplate that way we can slid in a smaaler pice of tubing weld it in than you have a good bung to wel the new hoop to insted of trying to but welld a new one in if done right you can clean it up nice and it still looks like oraganl hoop
    62 mini mod

If clip is much bigger, make sure you are not working with impala. it can be done, and has with e-mods. If rear of frame is down center, that is camaro. If you have a kickout on both sides that is impala. let me know I have done both. The only other one you could have is 73-76 nova! They are much bigger in the front though.

clip has to be no shorter than 12 inches from center of spring,..an far enuff forward of spring to use stock steering box mounts,..probably gonna be camaro/nova clip or chevelle type,..can get a 70 nova clip but there defenant than the populer 70-81 camaro....thanks for yalls replys!!

not the best pic but heres ours from 2006
    62 mini mod

Look into using a 65 ford galaxie. We just clipped a 96 BWRC with one. That is the base design for all Latemodle dirt cars so they would ideally work the same.

If you dont have a side to side wheel base rule I dont know why you would EVER put the clip on square.

I would turn it 1.5.

Stock car driver, What way would you turn the clip?. shorter on the left?

yes shorter on the left, modifieds are turned 1.5 maybe even 2 inches.

stock car driver
    yes shorter on the left, modifieds are turned 1.5 maybe even 2 inches. ?? How would you get that to come off the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by a1driver View Post
    stock car driver
    yes shorter on the left, modifieds are turned 1.5 maybe even 2 inches. ?? How would you get that to come off the corner?
    By turning the steering wheel to the right.

Its not any new technology most sanctions have rules written against it or to combat it being used to extremes.

Go karts for oval track have a inch and their wheel base is maybe 45" total?

only rules bout it is stock frame has to go back 12 inches from spring center an use stock sterring box an mounts,stock lowers...104 wheelbase...dont say witch side,..ive herd of turning the clip,..but dont know why or nuttun else bout it..

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    only rules bout it is stock frame has to go back 12 inches from spring center an use stock sterring box an mounts,stock lowers...104 wheelbase...dont say witch side,..ive herd of turning the clip,..but dont know why or nuttun else bout it..
    makes the car turn way way better. i trailed the lf a arm on my pavement car and could tell the difference the first time on the track. i built my stock clip late with the clip turned and its still winning races 10 years later in canada.

I'm thinking that would make the car come off the corner with the rear hanging out, hence the turning to the right, last i checked a car that drove straight out of the corner was the fast way.

seems to me that the car would turn better. correct me if im wrong but its the same principal as leading the rear end with out having to mess with any of the rear suspension. To my knowledge the top modified builders and latemodel builders are doing it. On my new metric chassis ill be doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by steveshawjr View Post
    not the best pic but heres ours from 2006
    thanks for posting pic,..i was planning on useing lot less stock frame tho'

Quote Originally Posted by a1driver View Post
    I'm thinking that would make the car come off the corner with the rear hanging out, hence the turning to the right, last i checked a car that drove straight out of the corner was the fast way.
    I dont know if your living under a rock or have NEVER been to a dirt track race or what?

If you dont understand it why are you even commenting?

BUT the facts are late models and mods are all built this way and have been forever it is not new.

ya, thats me on the new geico commercial,lol. must be where your from you cant get a car to turn so you're crutching them. i dont understand how you compare a street stock to a 4 bar mod/late?