Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by a1driver View Post
    ya, thats me on the new geico commercial,lol. must be where your from you cant get a car to turn so you're crutching them. i dont understand how you compare a street stock to a 4 bar mod/late?
    What are you talking about? EVERYONE has been doing it for 30 plus years in all classes of cars every where. ITS NOT NEW.

Are you on here to learn?

Or are you on here to find a argument? It appears this is your objective. If thats the case you might want to grow up and move on, we dont need that b.s here this forum is about dead already.
    Last edited by stock car driver; 04-07-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    What are you talking about? EVERYONE has been doing it for 30 plus years in all classes of cars every where. ITS NOT NEW.

Are you on here to learn?

Or are you on here to find a argument? It appears this is your objective. If thats the case you might want to grow up and move on, we dont need that b.s here this forum is about dead already.
    ive herd of for years,most sanctions have rules against it,....just never done it,...some people will argue with a stop sign
    Last edited by dirty white boy; 04-08-2011 at 12:01 AM.

you could turn the frame or leave it square its up to the guy behind the wheel ours was square but we ran a 3 link and could lead the car easy enough with the rear trailing arms

and a1 if you design you car right the rear end leads it self under load anyways under load we had about 5 " lead easy in our car
    62 mini mod

Quote Originally Posted by a1driver View Post
    ya, thats me on the new geico commercial,lol. must be where your from you cant get a car to turn so you're crutching them. i dont understand how you compare a street stock to a 4 bar mod/late?
    I KNOW FOR A FACT that the turned front clip has been used in asphalt and dirt and it started in the early to mid 80's in some areas and it is used in Modifieds, Late models, (Dirt and asphalt) Nascar, F-1 and Indy all have made a rule to limit it.
    A shorter wheelbase turns easier PERIOD, it does not matter if you are on a dirt track, asphalt track, interstate or a dirt road. A Cavalier will turn easier than a semi truck even though the truck has more turning angle built in the steering. The Longer wheelbase is more stable. Shortening the left side of the car has NOTHING to do with the direction you steer anyway as the wheels/tires are set up to run straight. The chassis driving forward has NO IDEA which way the A arms and rear suspension is pointed or how long teh connection points are, it only knows where the tires are pointed.
    Ever see the Indy car from the 60's that only had 1 wheel/tire on the left side, it was in the middle of the chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by badmood View Post

cpw110419zp
    its not a 4 bar late model,..its a older mono leaf BWRC,..an with a stock clip gets called a limited sportsman round the naborhood,....im trying to learn stuff i dont know on this post,..if you have insight to share??? to much bashing on these threads!!! if we all "knew it all" already we wouldn't be here!!!

You're,rosettes very helpful to me,eye plates!,valve plate!!

I've got a 99 Rocket that needs a front clip. Would you guys recommend a stock clip or late model clip? One local track has no engine, weight or tire rule off stock clip cars in Sportsman.

One thing I done on my last clip car was split the frame rail sections, take off the outer half. I would cut out roughly 1.5" off the inner portion of the rail. Weld the outer rail back on.
    Makes the clip about 2.5-3' wide. takes a little weight off the nose, and allows more tire clearance on rf.
    ( I really did not need because I lengthened the RF lower a- arm by 2")
    You could not tell by looking, unless you really stared at it.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Call Mike Or Denny Snow at Snow Bros Racing at 904-259-3018. Their stock clip late models are usually the class of the field. They have been doing them for many years.