Default puttin a cage in??

my buddy is building a hornet and there thinking cut the cage in half instead of cutting the top off.the cage isnt to wide,i say the top goes leave the cage alone as long as it fits????any ideas

would you want to be in a car upside down that the cage had been cut in half and welded back together inside a car? leave it alone cut the top

We split the cage in our mini stock,just sleeved the cuts with about 1ft. of oversize pipe.Worked very well,slip each side in door opening,slide sleeves over cuts,clamp everything in place and weld.

just cut the top off of the car the top would be the weak link on the car not the safety cage around. If it doesnt fit then we build a new one.

thats the way im doing it is cutting the cage inhalf the then put sleves about 1ft or so in the 2 spot where i cut in half its not gonna be half ass done it will hold also im putting in other bars, 1 across behind the driver going from down post to down post at the bottom to the pass side to give more strenght and also the bar that goes across the dash im only cutting 2 spots and im probally gonna put the sleve on then weld the joint then grind smooth then slide the sleves into place and weld i dont think it should be a problem
    Bill Seward #25 hornet eaton's auto salvage windsor il 217-273-8728 jims tire service canton il anytime towing 309-338-1935

yeah u can do all that and make it work but why when u can just cut the top off and fit the cage pull it back out weld it all the way around how u goin to weld the top with the roof in the way just get as close as u can??no way your just makin it so much more work then it has to be just trying to help iv built alot of race cars and never seen that done but its your car and im not driving it so good luck and let me know if u guys need any help

we talked it over and going to cut the top of tonight as we speak
    Bill Seward #25 hornet eaton's auto salvage windsor il 217-273-8728 jims tire service canton il anytime towing 309-338-1935

sweet hope it fits good let me know if u need anything

Unhappy

i myself wouldnt let a car on tha track that tha cage had been cut dont care if kyle bushes crew put it back together its gonna be weak no good DONT DO IT MAN