Default Cutting hole in hood

My air filter on my car does not stick out of the hood is this an advantage or diasdvantage

Your losing horsepower with the motor only sucking hot air. Cut a hole in the hood and build you an airbox that seals to the hood.

Could you build an airbox for the air filter, and not cut a hole in the hood? Bring the air in from the back of the air box where it meets the decking. Or is there to much turbulant air there?
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

build an air box and route your air from the front of the hood just above the the radiator.if you look at moyers hood you'll see he does this even with the air filter up out of his hood.

Quote Originally Posted by joedoozer View Post
    Could you build an airbox for the air filter, and not cut a hole in the hood? Bring the air in from the back of the air box where it meets the decking. Or is there to much turbulant air there?
    Yes, Davenport ran his Crate car this way a couple of seasons back. The airbox ran from the nose area thru to the dash decking. Having the hood w/o a hole in it is a big aerodynamic advantage I think.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells