Default Mini stock intake ??

I am building a 2.3 mini stock engine, actually should be a refresh job. It had the wrong intake, a round port on a d port head. I have access to a d port carb intake, a efi d port intake and (I havent seen this one yet) an esslinger d port. The efi intake looks good, if they make a spacer that transitions the 4 holes in the intake to the carb, not sure if anything like this is available or not. The rules dont allow modifing the intake. What are you guy's running? Any more secret's you would share with me? I'm looking for the little tricks. Thanks guys.

Race Engineering and Esslinger both sell an adaptor for the EFI intake.If you can run the esslinger intake that is what I would recommend.

Here is a link for a 1in.EFI adaptor http://www.raceeng.com/p-7504-carb-a...-manifold.aspx

I will check out the esslinger intake. The rules say you can modify the intake to fit the spacer in the plenum area only, but I need to find out what they will allow. Seems if you could blend the 4 holes, it would flow pretty well (the efi intake that is).

Canton makes a Phenolic spacer for this.
    http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/...ion&key=85-110

CJ

Barry, your probably better off with the Esslinger or stock D port with 2 inch spacer. your right about the EFI but it requires more work than you can probably get away with . It needs to be milled down about an inch and the 4 holes blended. The adaptor simply adapts the carb bolt pattern to the intake bolt pattern.

Run the stock one.. EFI is junk! Just my 2 cents

if you have a "no touch" rule,the EFI intake is barely good enough to be used as a door stop....if you can modify the intakes,then get 2 EFI intakes, weld them together so they form a "V" and use them for a boat anchor.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Thanks for the help, any more advice. What valve spring pressure? It currently has 100lbs seat and 200 over the nose. Plan on it turning 7800rpm, but dont want it to float if it sees 8000rpm. It has .0032 main clearance and .0028 rod clearance. I was going to go with .0022 to .0025 main, and around the same for the rods, sound OK? Valve train geometry was off pretty bad as well, losing a fair amount of lift. It has a stock oil pan with no baffles, is that ok too? I allways try to run a kick out pan with baffles, but they are pricey for the 2.3 (I havent found any in this builds price range) Any other suggestions would be great.

I run a OEM stock pan with no baffles, I use a windage tray. Have yet to have any problems in 4 yrs.

Would you care to give me a part # for the tray you run? Thanks.

All I remember is I got it on here from a guy in S.C., he made them himself, that was over 4 yrs ago! Cant remember his name, maybe someone from down that way knows who it is...

Most places that sell the 2.3L performance parts should carry them.

Esslinger Engineering
    E2685-5
    $109
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com