Default Best battery to use?

Just curious what battery people prefer. Im not running an alternator.

Quote Originally Posted by racing12 View Post
    Just curious what battery people prefer. Im not running an alternator.
    We're running an Optima Blue top. Figured a marine battery is better for vibration and should charge okay. I'm curious what others are doing to.

Walmart 600cca battery, ran it for two seasons now, charges up to 100%. And if it ever does die, has a warentee to get a new one!
    2010 Dirtona Speedway IMCA Stock Track Champion

AMSoil Dealer, beckett.roy@gmail.com

Guy at the parts store told me not to waste money on the optima. Said they have just as many of those come back as plain old batteries. Only difference is they replace them. I just use a plain old 850 CCA walmart Battery. Run it for 2 seasons then get rid of it.

optima blue top. I've ran the wal mart battery in the past but got a optima a few years back and it's still going strong.

we run NAPA XDT875 battery in both of our mods. They are 1100 ca/875cca and about $70. We use to have an optima red top and the napa battery seems to hold a charge better.

i use the yellow top optima had it for 2 years now have forgot to charge a few times but it never hurt me and i havent charged it since last race last year and it sat all winter put it in and it cranks over my motor very well this year!!! still acts like it has a full charge on it!!! very happy with it! 750 cca

You want a Turbo Start 16 volt battery! Think about it you want 12 volts going to your msd and if you start the feature with a 12 volt battery guess what? you have less than 12 volts by the end of the feature!

there is a battery company from darlington sc. that sells a battery called the rock. 16volt battery. this is what most nascar, nhra, ihra guys use. the people down there are super friendly.

We ran an Optima Blue top for over 5 years with ZERO issues. The Optima also holds a higher current longer for better power at the end of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm82 View Post
    there is a battery company from darlington sc. that sells a battery called the rock. 16volt battery. this is what most nascar, nhra, ihra guys use. the people down there are super friendly.
    the rock battery from roushyate is $199.00 plus $26.00 for shipping they carry 3 sizes. they are 12 volt deep cycle batteries just what I was able to find .