Default 2 barrel stock heads,mod class

track changed rules for e-mod class....rules are no vortec heads or intakes,stock oem only,15# vacuum hyd cam,flat top pistons,cast crank, no porting at all,4412 untouched carb....right now ive put this together with what i have,350 .040 over,flat tops,3.48 stroke,0 deck height,040 head gasket,416 305 heads with 1.94 1.6 valves,180cc runners (lots of work to get it),angle milled .070,4412 carb from jegs.i put this together thinking the higher compression will work better with the 2 barrel and the limited cam.i know the heads are small but im wanting the velocity.i found a page on the computer that said this will give me 14;1 cr...give me yalls input on if this will work or if i need to change anything.....thanks....jc

those big valves need the chamber opened up to unshroud the valves likely to at least 67cc to flow your 180cc your saying youve got going on.

I stick to 194,15 in all my oem heads

thats the best guestimate i can make,i used a measuring beaker marked in cc's with veg oil to measure runners.havent un shrouded the valves yet...am i on the right track here or do i need to do something different?...

honestly I wouldnt have used those heads at all. they are lw castings and prone to cracking before you angle milled them...

one of my buddys who got claimed a lot took 305 heads and basically ported and unshrouded the valves to make them equal double hump heads. It worked for him but he also got claimed and sold those motors for 400 complete....

If I were you I would have started with double hump heads.

That same buddy was fully porting and building my humps for 300 labor a set when he had down time at work. I had a few sets done and even dyno compared a unported set. The difference between the unported was only 10hp but they were better throttle response on the track and had more tq on the dyno..

I just built a 360 with untouched 487 heads and a 4412 carb on top of a edelbrock intake. My motor makes great power from 5200-6500 I would be willing to bet porting the heads wont change that at all, the carb is the limiter in the build of my motor and the one your working with.

I JUST READ YOUR FIRST POST AGAIN AND IT SAYS NO PORTING AT ALL?????

Thinking double humps myself. Have approximately 30 pair if you are looking to have a set built. Don't understand why you ported the intakes out that far if your looking for velocity. Like Jeff said....the intake runners on the double humps and the open chamber heads are working pretty good on that 2 bbl carb. I still have guys running them on open IMCA stock car engines.

Rubbing alcohol or mineral spirits works much better for CCing than veg oil.....much easier to clean up as well.

Windshield washer fluid works great too.