Carolina Clash Will Be At Lancaster Speedway April 9th!!! Any 4m People Coming?
Any of yall coming to watch the Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series at Lancaster Speedway this Saturday Night April 9th?
Along with the Carolina Clash we will be running:
NDRA Crate Late Models
Does anybody know of any Super Late Model Drivers that will be here? please post
Big old half mile. I was there only once and it looked like my entire family just left a coal mine, but the racing that i could see was decent,
Track has been perfect for a year. Perfect last week.
Clash Set to Roll Into Lancaster Speedway This Saturday
By: Alex Cummings
The stars of the Carolina Clash are making their last minute adjustments preparing their cars for Lancaster Motor Speedway.
The Carolina Clash is set to hit the high banks on Saturday, April 9 for a 40 lap, $4,000 to win feature event with $2,000 in Contingency Awards to be presented throughout the night.
The points are the tightest ever with a tie for first place between Luke Roffers and Mike Gault. Roffers was able to pick up his 2nd ever Carolina Clash win last weekend in Fayetteville. Gault, the 2000 Hav-A-Tampa rookie of the year is looking forward to making the trip to Lancaster after an impressive start to his 2011 racing season.
Last season the Clash headed to Lancaster where Ross Bailes set fast time and lead the first 17 laps of the race until the eventual race winner, Jeff Smith surpassed Bailes on a lap 18 restart. Smith made a power move coming out of turn 2 and down the backstretch passing Bailes on the inside and sailing off for the win.
In 2009, the Carolina Clash went to Lancaster twice during the year in which Ricky Weeks set fast time during the spring and Johnny Pursley was quickest in the fall event. In the spring event, Dennis Franklin was able to motor his way to a win then in the fall Tim Allen was able to outlast and outrun the field for the victory.
So far this season, Chris Ferguson was able to win the first race of the season which was held at Carolina Speedway for the Skyler Trull Memorial. During qualifying, Bailes was able to set fast time with a time nearly 2-tenths of a second faster than Luke Roffers who sat on the outside pole.
This past Saturday night, the Carolina Clash made their first appearance at Fayetteville Motor Speedway where Luke Roffers took the win and Dustin Mitchell set fast time.
One of the drivers to watch on Saturday, will be the hometown favorite Chad Paxton who was the Klotz Lubricants Rookie of the Race at Carolina Speedway. Paxton has won dozens of races at Lancaster in various late model divisions and knows his way around the track like the back of his hand. Paxton hopes that all of his past experience at Lancaster will pay off and he can use his hometown momentum to capture his first ever Carolina Clash victory. "I'm excited about coming to my home track this weekend," said Paxton.
The Carolina Clash would like to announce the following Contingency Sponsors for the Lancaster Race:
- Comp Cams will be awarding the "Official Engine Builder of the Race Award" to the feature winner.
- Keizer Aluminum Wheels will be presenting an award for the 2nd place finisher in the feature.
- Shell Racing Solutions will be awarding the 3rd place finisher in the feature with one case of Q Racing Oil 15w-50.
- Aero Tec Laboratories (ATL) will be presenting an award to the 4th place finisher in the feature.
- Shafer Enterprises' Cool Shirts will be presenting an award to the Top-5 finishers in the feature.
- RF Composites will be presenting an award to the 6th place finisher in the feature.
- NASCAR Technical Institute will be presenting an award to the 10th place finisher in the feature.
- Safety Kleen will be presenting a case of hand cleaner to the hard charger of the feature.
- Klotz Lubricants will be presenting 3 separate awards, 1 to the Rookie of the Race, 1 to the Hard Luck Award winner, and 1 to the 15th place finisher in the feature.
- Ohlins Shocks will be presenting an award to the last place finisher in the feature.
- R2C Performance will be awarding all heat race winners.
- XS Power Racing Batteries will be awarding the fastest qualifier.
- Collins Signs will be presenting an award to the 11th place qualifier known as the "First Man out Award".
- Lee Furniture will be presenting $50 to all cars not making the feature event.
The Carolina Clash would like to thank the following sponsors for their contributions to the series in 2011: American Racer Tire, Heintz Brothers Performance, VP Racing Fuels, Comp Cams, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Shell Racing Solutions, ATL Racing Fuel Cells, Shafer Enterprises' Cool Shirts, NASCAR Technical Institute, Safety Kleen, R2C Performance, XS Power Racing Batteries, Next Level Graphics, Collins Signs, www.lockoutforums.com. , Performance Tee's, Racing Electronics, Mike's Custom Tanks, Lincoln Electric, Ohlins Advanced Suspension Technology, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, RF Composites, Keizer Wheelhouse South, Firethorn Marketing,Raceiver, and Luvracin.com
RANDY SMITH OF FORT MILL SC MAY HAVE MORE WINS THAN ANY DRIVER IN THE FIELD,
WILL BE IN THE HOUSE w HIS FORD. BETWEEN HIM & MIKE HUEY, THEY MAY HAVE MORE LAPS
AT LANCASTER THAN ANY OTHER DRIVER IN THE FIELD, SO DON`T COUNT OUT THESE TWO
DRIVERS WITH ALL THE WINS & CHAMPIONSHIPS BETWEEN THEM .
& BOTH HAVE TURNING IN TOP 5 FINISHES.
Dont count out Tim 'The Toolman' Allen, Rambo, Johnny Pursley, Chad Paxton, Jeff Smith and many many more!!!
I can promise you this now, it will not be like that again
Originally Posted by edavis71
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.