Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

On your setup sheet, can you save in Excel97/2000/2003 format (.xls)? I think you're in office 2010 and us people with older office versions can't open it.

I couldn't down load it for the same reason.
    Love your wife. Like your race car.
    apr28bmod@yahoo.com

OK New version (0.3.1) is up, with significant changes, mostly in the bar settings section. I've done some quick testing, but haven't had much time to get into it too extensively. It should also work with your existing data file for those upgrading, though it may not populate all fields. Let me know how it works!

yeah I can save it as an xls format. Its just a copy and pasted picture of what I did a screen shot of. You can't actually type anything in the fields. I just needed a blank form for the book.

I have a set up sheet I made (before I found your program), and it worked well. But to take that info and put it in the program can be a bit confusing. Since my original form was not in same layout as your software. Its much easier if the write on form is identical to the computer one.

Just providing some 2 cents is all. Merely suggestions is all . I am happy I have anything to use at all. If you never made any changes it is 1000 times better then the way I was doing it.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

more updates coming this week. Made a couple minor changes already based on some suggestions over the weekend. Hoping to get some reporting capabilities added this week as well.

Any other thoughts/comments/suggestions from use so far? Areas that need improving?

Sorry guys. Just moved into a new house and we have been without internet for over a week. Here it is in PDF. Not perfect but its a work in progress. As the software changes I will try and keep a printable version on here.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/files/282...heet_Blank.pdf

I like the drop down window idea the more I thin about it. It would save space, and give us the ability to print out a "blank".
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

cool joe thanks, the version that's up there now has the dropdowns on it, as well as some more fields for weight and such. I'll try and get a few more updates done and get a 0.3.2 version up today.

version 0.3.2 is up, with some minor changes and bug fixes. More to come!

0.3.3 is up, with bug fixes for new users on first load.

updated to 0.3.4 with a few more options, including setting a rating for the setup (will add some filtering later based on setup rating)

Here is a printable version of 3.4

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/284..._Sheet_3.4.pdf

Thanks Joe. I haven't had much time to mess with it, but will try and get some reports started soon. I'd like to be able to print out current setup, with a space to note any changes made. so before the night can print out target sheets for each race, then note any tweaks/changes made, for updating in the history.

Quote Originally Posted by dualdj1 View Post
    Thanks Joe. I haven't had much time to mess with it, but will try and get some reports started soon. I'd like to be able to print out current setup, with a space to note any changes made. so before the night can print out target sheets for each race, then note any tweaks/changes made, for updating in the history.
    That would be great. Tough to fit that all on a single page haha.

I'm hoping to get back on this soon, but probably won't be this week. I had to re-evaluate my reporting methods, and think I came up with something that I like, so as soon as I get my other program updated, I'll be back on this one.

version 0.4.0 is up, with some minor updates/fixes, as well as Reporting capabilities. Reports require Microsoft Report Viewer 2008, available at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-416d75a1b9ef

bump for revision 0.4.2

New Addition: Front Moment Center calculator under Tools. Only saves previously entered values at this point.

Upcoming: Setup Comparison reports (changes between settings)

I like this latest version. I also like that when I print a blank page everything is blank, with one minor exception. The weights auto calculate so when you print a blank form there are 0's and Errors written in. For most people this isn't a problem. But I don't have a printer at home, so I need to have a hand written copy in my set up book.

Joe thanks for the feedback as always. i've gotten real busy at the end of the season here and haven't had much time to mess with it lately. I'll have to see what I can do on fixing the autocalcs.

Overall I think it's worked pretty well for my team this year. There's still some changes and improvements that need made i think, maybe some usability fixes, but I think for a season in it's done pretty well. I'll try and keep working it this winter and see if we can have it better for next year!

It has worked well for me. Even with the updates and the changes. I wouldn't even worry about the autocalcs, its nice that it does it. I just need to hook up my printer and stop being lazy about it.

I am unable to get any of the download links to work other than the microsoft part. It takes me to the download site but states that the files are missing or deleted. Is anybody else having these problems? I would like to download the excel file and the pdfs if I can.