Default pros/cons ultrashield containment seat

looking on feed back on ultrashield vs halo 2010 full containment seat, looking at getting one and was wondering if anyone running one in late model and your pros/cons on this seat before we spend money on one
    thank you for help on this

youll need a fresh air helmet with the port on top. I like my seat.

raced 20 years with standard seats withstood fair share of crashes with no injures. last year bought cont, seat had 2 crashes and spent winter in pain . frozen sholder from contact to side sholder supports. very painful and hard to get rid of.not racing because of it.

I love mine. You are much safer with one than without, I cannot see how you would not be. If your belted in tight and the seat fits tight. With everything fitting correctly you are much safer in one.

I have an ultrashield and it is great I highly recommend.

Agree with what "stock car driver: said....you'll need to sure your helmet has a fresh air connection on top, otherwise great seat.
    Crewchief #21 Modified Hansen Motorsports 2014 GRT by Phillips IMCA Modified

I would recommend sitting in each brand seat before buying if possible. Our drive liked the feel of the butlerbuilt full containment seat and it is very well built. Find what's comfortable to you and see where the belts are on your shoulders. you should be pulled back in the seat, not down in the seat.

Default seats

I have both the ultrashield and a butler built ez series. Basically the same money, the butler built is a better constructed seat. That being said I don't feel unsafe in my ultrashield and have been through some violent stuff in it without injury. Either way you go it'll be a lot better than a standard seat.

We put one in our first late model last season and put it through a few violent wrecks. I hit a wall driver side entering the turn at USA Raceway, AZ on a fast track and wasn't even sore the next morning. One of our crew members put the car in the wall hard enough to shoot the rear end two feet out of the car and he walked away, and the owner of the car Dukes of Hazard style jumped the car off a steep backstrecth into the desert and wasn't hurt at all. Good seat in my opinion, fair price also. Just make sure to mount the halo part to the cage so it doesn't twist in a side impact.

Take a look at Lajoie economy seat. Its a great seat still custom built to your measurements for only a couple hundred more dollars. I have a Ultra Shiled vs. Halo seat and I liked it but it is no comparison to the LaJoie seat in my opinion.

CONS = Harder to exit with all your stuff on in a hurry. I myself prefer conventional race seat and a HANS type device, but thats just me.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells