Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What would you do with lack of forward drive off? If you index the LR top bar down on the bird cage, you have to drop it on the frame also, so you do not go over the 45% angle, correct? On real dry stuff our car is good except lack of drive off...

Lacks forward bite. I love the car on the entry but it won't go forward on exit. We did raise top left bar and it was awful. Nothing on left side is indexed. I couldn't tell you what the top bar angle is and the bars are standard length. Let me rephrase; I don't want the car to change on entry but I want more forward traction? That make sense? Pardon me being naive here, I am relatively new to this.

A few thing I would try:
    * lower LR bar on chassis
    * move 5th coil back
    * less j-bar angle (this will free entry but give you better forward bite coming off, don't know til you try)
    * more rear weight (this could tighten entry also)
    * if track is slick, take lead out of driver's right foot

That last one is not intended to be funny at all. Often time the track will only handle so much HP regardless of your setup.
    Sometimes you have to make an adjustment that might change the car on both entry and exit and compensate for the undesired entry change. For example, more rear weight to give you better forward traction off the corner. But then if you go out and it is too tight on entry, try raising your RR lower on the frame or softening your LF spring. Both of those changes will effect mainly entry and almost not at all exit. Net result could be right where you want to be.
    The exact scenario above helped a guy I know a bunch.

Unhappy unable to see

# 1 if you got the left front up coming off your extending the left rear up to the point of it actually snapping the left rear off the track I would stop go back to a baseline setup from masterbuilt .
    #2. Then place some of that lead (like 25 to 30lbs) of lead to the left frt in front of the master cylinders. Spread the wieght also to the middle of car as much as possible. Cam high and in the middle to make car balance .
    #3 make sure frt shock on the left rear has the correct drop ie may or maynot need extension. More then likely you are good. There but check it.

Finally
    #4. K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid Don t over think it. When you get the left frt back down then play with the right rear spring. And when your at the track one night do nothing but some stagger out and lower the left lower bar to add bite to left rear and the driver must learn to drive the car straighter as the night goes along he must learn to drive a car a little free on entry. That's the problem you have to slower the driver down too not only the car. LOL good luck. The new GenX. Uses a 275 in the slick. good luck
    Last edited by BIGFREAK101; 04-22-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: spelling