Default Chevelle front springs

Hey guys I need a little help. Race season is almost here and my new to me car is still on its way up here. (North Pole Alaska)

Does anyone know what diameter front springs the Chevelle front clip uses. The car I currently have is a metric and I am hoping my 5" springs will fit but if not I need to get 5 1/2's on order.

Also I am running a tight stop and go 1/4 track. I was looking at starting with 750 l/f and 850 r/f or should I go softer?

Thanks in advance.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

5 inch springs are correct for chevelle clip but your rates are way too stiff. start with 650 lt and 700 rt you may go softer yet but those are much closer to common rates than 750 850.

you might want to put 12inch long ski's on front with good sharp carbides on front and the biggest cleats you can find for the rear seeing as your on the north pole but honestly 5 inch are correct and on the chevelle stubs i've been around we use 600 on lf and 600 or 650 on rf depending on banking and track conditions.i'm glad you can race up there cuz we just got more snow again here in wisconsin and have had every practice and show snowed and rained out and its what end of april almost!!!

Thanks guys

I got the car today and let me tell you. Its a good thing I didn't pay too much for it or I would be pissed.

It has the newer chevelle front under it with the 5 1/2 inch springs. I dont know what the guy was thinking that I got it from. It had a 1600 r/f and a 1200 l/f LOL

thanks for the info on the rates I will look into getting a softer set of springs

if by newer chevelle you mean metric, you need stiff front springs.Common springs for metric ( monte, cutlass regal,etc)start at about 1000 rf give or take a couple hundred pounds.You will hear a lot of numbers thrown around we used 900 lf and 1100 rf on our swingarm metric cars. Rear suspension type and geometry also plays a big part in spring rates, but 600 or 700 pound springs wont work in most metric cars.The best way to identify a metric frame is it has an indention in the side rails.

Its not a metric. I have a metric clip on my other car. I run 850 and 750 on that one.