Default Open Wheel Roundup Presented by Ken Towery's at Ponderosa Speedway April 29

Ponderosa Speedway
    365 Phillips Lane
    Junction City, Kentucky 40440

2011 Official Media Release #17 (For Immediate Distribution: April 24, 2011)
    Contact- Michael Despain (mgdespain@windstream.net and/or dirttrackracing@hotmail.com)

Open Wheel Roundup Presented by Ken Towery’s at Ponderosa Speedway April 29

Junction City, KY- April 24, 2011- With rain scoring the win in the first two attempts to get the 2011 season underway, Ponderosa Speedway track promoters Donnie Sullivan and family will try again this Friday evening April 29 to begin the new race season with the Open Wheel Roundup presented by Ken Towery’s Auto Tires and Super Service.

The April 29 racing program will be highlighted by the Open Wheel Roundup presented by Ken Towery’s Auto Tires and Super Service for the Ken Towery’s Auto Tires and Super Service Modifieds, with their feature event being 40 laps in distance for $750 to win. Also in action on the April 29 racing card will be the Good Neighbor Pharmacy Super Late Models racing for $1,000 to win, Bob Allen Motor Mall Pro Late Models racing for $600 to win, Ken Towery’s Auto Tires and Super Service Modifieds racing for $600 to win, D&D Pallet Recyclers Sportsman racing for $300 to win, Simple Sign and Decal Street Stocks racing for $150 to win, and SkyTower Power Race Engines Open Four Cylinders racing for $75 to win. The Super Late Model and Modified divisions will be the only classes to time trial, as all other divisions will pill draw for heat race starting positions. Race fans can bring along their portable radio and headsets and listen to all the action as it is called on the track’s 105.9 radio frequency.

Activities for the April 29 Open Wheel Roundup presented by Ken Towery’s Auto Tires and Super Service event will see the pit area and general admission area open at 4:00 p.m. Also of note, sign in to the pit area will return to the back pit gate as it has been in years past. The drivers meeting will be at 7:00 p.m., followed by practice for all divisions at 7:15 p.m. Super Late Model time trials will begin at 7:45 p.m., with green flag racing action set to begin at 8:15 p.m. Ticket prices for the April 29 event in the general admission area will be $10 for adults, $5 for young adults ages 11-16, and free to children ages 10 and under. A pit pass will be $25.

Ponderosa Speedway is located at 365 Phillips Lane on the Boyle/Lincoln County border, outside of Junction City, KY, just minutes from Danville, KY. The Sullivan family will the track promoters and will present dirt track sports entertainment on Friday evenings throughout the 2011 race season. For more information about all 2011 racing activities at Ponderosa Speedway, visit the track’s webpage on the internet at www.ponderosaspeedway.net or phone the Sullivan family at (606) 669-4009 or (606) 365-0402. Partons can phone the track at (859) 854-6808 on raceday.

Question

most of the time if modifieds were racing over 20 laps the race would pay more than 750, why not a 1000 or 1500?

Have more cars there if you could run alcohol ..........dillweeds

would probly have more cars there if they was paying more money to win.40 laps for 150 more dollars to win is not a very good deal imo, that means more fuel and probly going to lose a set of tires to.bardstown is paying 800 to win for 20 laps,and lake cumberland pays 700 for 20 laps on a regular show if 18 or more cars show up but good luck mr.sullivan hope it works out for you

750 for 40 laps? I agree with the above poster..more fuel cost and more tire wear for about the same money LCS pays on a regular night. And not letting cars run alcohol will be less cars..hmmmm..good luck.

Bardstown pays 800 every week to win? Whats the rest of their payout? How come you can't run alcohol at Ponderosa, can we run e85?

No Bardstown is only paying 800 next weekend 500 for regular show, and you cant run alcohol b/c promoter of ponderosa says insurance wont cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by ckyracer00 View Post
    you cant run alcohol b/c promoter of ponderosa says insurance wont cover it.
    I guarantee you one d@mn thing ...........the savings difference in the premium for insurance is sure gonna cost his @ss in the loss of them alcohol runnin race cars that don't show up ................it ain't gonna save him diddly !

you cant count the 17j jordon motorsports car out for friday night at the pond. I really thought this man was going to really do something to help racers over there this year. But what i believe is he is killing the track before he ever gets a race in this year. Myself i cant afford to pay a driver buy the tires and fuel and pit pass to run 40 laps for 750 now if it was a regular 20 lap race i would say that he is trying to do something to help the racer out. If anyone knows anything about these junk ump tires we race they would understand what i am saying in a 40 lap race they will probly not be any good after the race is over. So Mr.Sullivan you cut this race back to 20 laps and you will probly have more cars there.And what about the 2000 or 1500 i think it was i heard was going to be paid out on this race?

I really hope the Pond, can get the alcohol fuel problem worked out. Maybe like Lawrenceburg, by putting a sticker on the fuel cell, denoting which fuel it contains. Just rambling here, don't know any of the factors in their decision. Who knows, all the tracks may have to change in the future.
    Anyways, good luck to the Pond this racing season.

Just a friendly reminder.

Time to race is quickly approaching.

Just one day away.

Just received the official word around 1:30 p.m. this afternoon that racing at Ponderosa Speedway on Friday April 29 is a GO!

Let's Go Racing!