Thread: 602 pushrods?

Default 602 pushrods?

New to the crate racing. Just Purchased a car minus pushrods, carb, and distributor. Need some help with the pushrods. Only information i can find on them are gmpp#14095256 cant find the length or wall thickness. Would apreciate any info!!

Length and wall thickness do not matter as the GM part is the only part allowed. They are about $16 each or $256 a set from what I can find. The real question would be why were the original ones removed!
    Last edited by Egoracing; 04-25-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Scoggin D i c k ey has them for $12.78 each. (Had to space it out or it would not post it.)

The GM part# actually crosses over to a Sealed Power part # for about half the cost. I bought the engine used and some of the rocker studs were pulling out of the head messing up the end of a couple of the pushrods. The valve springs seemed way to stiff, i think that was causing the rocker studs to pull out so i put a new set of gm springs in and havent pulled a stud out since

Quote Originally Posted by lancer6187 View Post
    The GM part# actually crosses over to a Sealed Power part # for about half the cost. I bought the engine used and some of the rocker studs were pulling out of the head messing up the end of a couple of the pushrods. The valve springs seemed way to stiff, i think that was causing the rocker studs to pull out so i put a new set of gm springs in and havent pulled a stud out since
    A lot of parts mfgs. have cross over parts that look close to the same and will work the same but are not legal. If you are running a crate class like Fastrak or Nesmith, they check push rods for length and diameter and I have seen them check the hole size. If any of your parts are off you will be banned for a year and loose the parts for cheating.
    Last edited by Egoracing; 05-09-2011 at 06:01 PM.