Default Setting float height on Quickfuel 750

Totally new to big car racing and needing some help. I have a Quickfuel 750 carb on E-85 on a 604 crate. In the site window the fuel is at the top. Where should the level be and how do I go about correctly setting the float height. I appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks in advance!

Take the fuel bowl off. Turn it upside down then measure from the bottom to the float seem in the middle of the float. Set it at .835 and you will be real close.

http://www.devanecarbs.com

I'm still sorta lost on where exactly I am measuring from and how to adjust. Pretty much need to explain to me like you would a three year old. lol! Just as I said I'm very green on all this. Only ever really dealt with EFI before now. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Take the fuel bowl off. Turn it upside down then measure from the bottom to the float seem in the middle of the float. Set it at .835 and you will be real close.

http://www.devanecarbs.com
    Bench settings will only get it in the ballpark. From there, you'll want the fuel level to be in the middle of the sight glass on those bowls with the car idling. Fast 14, loosen the locking screw on top of the bowl. Turn the adjusting nut clockwise to lower the fuel level. Lock the screw back down. If you're quick, you can do this with a 5/8" wrench and screwdriver in one motion. If you're not comfortable doing that, shut the car off. Make sure the carb is somewhat level side to side when you check fuel level..Don't waste your time removing the bowl, you don't need to.
    Last edited by 50j; 04-25-2011 at 04:49 PM.