April 27, 2011

Booper Bare starts 2011 with a 2nd place finish; Prepares for busy next couple of weeks with the Bandit Series.

If you had to pick two words to describe the first month of Booper Bare’s 2011 racing season they would be “Rained Out”. That all changed this past Saturday night as Booper and the Chris Cromer/Merrit Sprouse owned Jimmy’s Tree Service #83 traveled to County Line Speedway in Elm City, North Carolina for the Steel Block Bandit Series opener. When the dust settled on the 3/8 mile clay oval, Booper and the team brought home a well deserved 2nd place finish. Booper started the night by setting fast time in his Mastersbilt by Huey and then backed that up by winning his competitive heat race.

“We almost pulled off the Hat Trick” said Booper from his Rockbridge Baths, Virginia race shop. “The car was good all night. Chris, Merrit and all the guys put a great amount of time into putting this deal together over the off season and I think it showed on the track. We were still working on the car late into the night on Friday making sure everything was just right. We were just a little off in that feature and got beat by a better car” added Bare. “I know it seems strange to say after only one race but so far the 2011 season has been fun for me. I owned my own stuff for the better part of 30 years and it became really tough to have fun. I’m driving for some great guys, who do this because they love the sport. Don’t get me wrong, we are all very serious about this and go to the race track with winning being the only thought but we also joke around and have a lot of fun.”

The team will spend the week preparing for the Greg Kerr Memorial race this coming Saturday at Maryland’s Hagerstown Speedway which is sanctioned by the Steel Block Bandits. The 30 lap feature will pay $4,100 dollars to the winner. The race is in memory of bandit driver Tanner Kerr’s father who passed away tragically from an automobile accident in 2009. Booper and the entire team are honored to take part in this event. The following weekend will see the team travel to “The Rock” in Cumberland Maryland. The upcoming Memorial Day weekend will be a busy one as the team will spend the holiday in the Keystone State running at Thunder Valley & Central PA Speedway’s on the 28th & 29th respectively.

A complete schedule is posted on Booper’s web site as the team plans to compete in a number of different states and race tracks throughout the season.

Booper would like to thank all of the sponsors helping out this year: Jimmy’s Tree Service, JC Body Shop, Fast Frames by James, Devenny’s Automotive, Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic, Integra Shocks, K.R.S. Graphics, Mastersbilt by Huey, Port City Racing, Poske’s Performance Parts, Simpson race Products, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Weld Wheels, World Wide Racing Fuels & WRT Speedwerx.

Keep up to date with all official Booper Bare news at www.booperbare.com

Upcoming Races:
April 30th – SBB – Hagerstown Speedway (MD)
May 6th – TSF – Natural Bridge Speedway (VA)
May 7th – SBB – Allegany County Speedway (MD)
May 14th – WoO – Winchester Speedway (VA)
May 20th – Potomac Speedway (MD)
May 21st – Winchester Speedway (VA)
May 27th – TSF – Winchester Speedway (VA)
May 28th – SBB – Thunder Valley Speedway (PA)
May 29th – SBB – Central Pa Speedway (PA)