Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cam/idle ???

Ok guys, I hear what you are saying and yes there may be an area there where you might have a question in what the cam/lope should be or sound like. We can fix that when we update the rules for next year. That (the cam rule) will probably be the only thing that we will change wording on in that classes rules, other wise we won’t change anything else in the rules for that class.

The other track that I Tech at (HUMBOLDT SPEEDWAY) started the PURE STOCK class in 2010 as a new class and started with about 8 cars in the class and now in one years time has 20 cars each night in the class and still growing. Those guys and gals have had a great time racing in the class and love the cost it takes to build the cars and the affordability to be able to continue racing, other wise they might not be racing at all.

We are trying the same thing at (HPT) and so far its looking very good there too. One of the racers at HPT even told me he finally built a car that he has more money in the car then he does the engine and thanked me for making the class, other wise he would have to quit racing because the cost of building engines for the HOBBY STOCK type cars is out of control.

The whole problem with the poster "heneryss" on the topic is when in the tech area he was told to listen to the other 4 cars that were in tech area and listen to how the engines in there cars idle and how smooth the idle was in there cars engines, and he was told that is how we want yours to sound. IF everyone else under stands the cam rule they “the other drivers” did not see how come “heneryss” could not under stand also. So we made him change his cam, how can that be the wrong thing to do?

Now in “heneryss’ ” defense I will tell you all the kid can drive a race car and he does the homework needed to make his car fast and has won a lot of races. Now if he gets his car within the rules and I can’t find anything illegal on the car then I will back him up totally with no questions ask and tell the other drivers that they better do there home work next.

The thing I want to stress though is this, This is a PURE STOCK CLASS not a Hobby Stock type class, and I will do what ever I have to KEEP IT that way.

Stockcar5: I will ask you 1 question, Can you ever post a comment on this forum board where you don't EVER MAKE FUN OF WHAT SOMONE SAYS OR HAVE TO TELL EVERYONE HOW MUCH YOU THINK YOU KNOW ?

CARL FLOWER:
    Last edited by techracer44; 05-05-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by techracer44 View Post
    Ok guys, I hear what you are saying and yes there may be an area there where you might have a question in what the cam/lope should be or sound like. We can fix that when we update the rules for next year. That (the cam rule) will probably be the only thing that we will change wording on in that classes rules, other wise we won’t change anything else in the rules for that class.

The other track that I Tech at (HUMBOLDT SPEEDWAY) started the PURE STOCK class in 2010 as a new class and started with about 8 cars in the class and now in one years time has 20 cars each night in the class and still growing. Those guys and gals have had a great time racing in the class and love the cost it takes to build the cars and the affordability to be able to continue racing, other wise they might not be racing at all.

We are trying the same thing at (HPT) and so far its looking very good there too. One of the racers at HPT even told me he finally built a car that he has more money in the car then he does the engine and thanked me for making the class, other wise he would have to quit racing because the cost of building engines for the HOBBY STOCK type cars is out of control.

The whole problem with the poster "heneryss" on the topic is when in the tech area he was told to listen to the other 4 cars that were in tech area and listen to how the engines in there cars idle and how smooth the idle was in there cars engines, and he was told that is how we want yours to sound. IF everyone else under stands the cam rule they “the other drivers” did not see how come “heneryss” could not under stand also. So we made him change his cam, how can that be the wrong thing to do?

Now in “heneryss’ ” defense I will tell you all the kid can drive a race car and he does the homework needed to make his car fast and has won a lot of races. Now if he gets his car within the rules and I can’t find anything illegal on the car then I will back him up totally with no questions ask and tell the other drivers that they better do there home work next.

The thing I want to stress though is this, This is a PURE STOCK CLASS not a Hobby Stock type class, and I will do what ever I have to KEEP IT that way.

Stockcar5: I will ask you 1 question, Can you ever post a comment on this forum board where you don't EVER MAKE FUN OF WHAT SOMONE SAYS OR HAVE TO TELL EVERYONE HOW MUCH YOU THINK YOU KNOW ?

CARL FLOWER:
    Agreed. Its good to hear from a tech person who honestly wants to be fair and do a good job. I also agree insults have no place in this discussion. Be well, good luck with the class.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

yea i have many many times..you could answer your own quesion with a quick search.

even if i didnt it still doesnt make your rule a good one..still the dumbest one i've ever heard of! hopefully you change it for the racers sake.