Default bluegrass updates

Anybody know how many cars are signed in at Bluegrass or going to race there tonight?

42 late models. Scott James fast time. Mike Jewell 2nd quick

where are the updates

Lanigan leads every lap for the win.

Lanigan 1st, Scott James 2nd, Richards 3rd They played follow the leader, I saw 1 pass after they got single file in the feature, heat races were pretty good but the feature was another choo choo race

Keep after them Shark!
    Who let the Dirt Dog out?

Other than James passing Richards for 2nd it was a boring race. A little passing in the back but that was about it.

4th wettest april on record in the state of kentucky and the track locks down, what a joke. You think they would of learned by now geeze. Total crap shoot when goin to this place. Also tonight showed yet another reason i HATE inverts at the top level of racing. Lanigan finishes 2nd in his heat draws the poll for the feature leads a few laps track locks down and pretty much is handed the victory.

Thats why i dont go there anymore.

Have to agree...the feature was disappointing...but they beat the rain and got it in.

I left Pensacola, FL early Friday morning to return home to Milwaukee, WI. Decided to take a slight detour in order to see this race. My son and I were pleasantly suprised to see a car count of 42 late models.

Heat races were good, two grooves, lots of action. Then the modifieds put on a decent show in their heats. Even the first B-main was ok...and then CHOO CHOO...rest of the night.

James and Richards threw everything they had at each other and at Lanigan, but the track was locked up. After the first B-main it looked like a paved half-mile, not a dirt track.

As a first-time, out of state visitor to this facility, I will say two things in defense of the track.
    1) They got the track ready and this race took place. From what I was told by many of the local fans, they had received well over a foot of rain in the previous days.
    2) They skipped the driver intros and 4-wide salute to the fans, in order to get the feature in. 15 minutes after the race ended, it started drizzling. 5 minutes after that it poured!!! Had they re-worked the track, done the intros, etc. there would have been no feature.

So...this race fan and his 12 yr. old son will say thank you for their efforts even if it wasn't ideal for the A-main.

How much complaining can I do about 1) seeing a quality car count and drivers putting it on the line, 2) my son meeting his favorite driver the Highside Hustler Jason Feger, 3) being treated graciously by the local fans even though I was an "out of towner"....think it was my funny "accent" that gave it away!!!

Thank you Bardstown and thank you to racer Mike Jewel. You have two new fans in WI. Quality driver and Quality Man.

Quote Originally Posted by theburner View Post
    4th wettest april on record in the state of kentucky and the track locks down, what a joke. You think they would of learned by now geeze. Total crap shoot when goin to this place. Also tonight showed yet another reason i HATE inverts at the top level of racing. Lanigan finishes 2nd in his heat draws the poll for the feature leads a few laps track locks down and pretty much is handed the victory.
    In the interview on DoD, Lanigan admitted the pill draw won him the race.

bleedsbluer1: First off I worked at the track from Thurs, until late after the races on Sat. Night. I know I should not even reply to this but I hate for people to say false things when they don't even know what they are talking about!

1st. there was track prep going on Thur. Morning. The track got very little rain on Wed. and the wind blew hard all night Wed. & Thursday. Yes there was a lot of rain before that and the track had washed out really bad!
    2nd. We had to put water on it Thus. in order to grade it to get a lot of the ruts out of it and then run it in so we could grade again so it wouldn't make bigger washouts than when we started!
    Unlike Junction City, we actually had less rain at Bardstown on Wed. It was late Friday before we got the track smooth enough to race on. And then we had to start watering the track.
    Yes the rain played a factor and also the wind! If David could of been on the track on Wed. he would have been. Add the weather & this being the 1st race of the season, due to 3 weeks of rain outs, which leads to winter bugs showing up on equipment, (water trucks breaking down on Sat. and eventually having to park 1; PA not working due to getting struck by lightning earlier in the week; and other things that showed up even though everything had been tested before and was working fine)m I think David, Anita & all of the crew that was there helping did an outstanding job to get everything ready!
    So before you get on here and start making false accusations about track prep you should really get your facts straight!

Zonks32; I am glad you and your son had a great time and he got to meet Jason! That is always great when a young race fan gets to meet their favorite driver! As for Mike Jewel, He is a class act! I am assuming your son got the trophy he gave away to someone in the stands! He has been doing this for a very long time and he is a fine Christian man!
    Also I have to say we do have some of the best & friendliest fans of any track.
    I am sure I speak for the promoters, David & Anita Ferrell and all the staff, we really appreciate your understanding of the situation we were facing with all the past weather and the weather that was approaching us! We did our best with all the cards that fell our way!
    We hope you return many times! next time you come be sure and try to say hello! I am the track official in turn 4! Thanks again!

Mike Roland
    Last edited by retiredracefan; 05-02-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Mike,

My son was not the young man who received the trophy, but we were both impressed with that gesture by Mike Jewell. Pretty cool. We were sitting at the end of the front stretch (just before turn 1). I was simply speaking from what we witnessed on the track during the race, and in the pits afterwards. Best of luck to you the remainder of the season. If we get the chance in the future, we will come back.

well let's see Mr. bleedsbluer1, we done nothing different than Florence has done for many years. I know because I worked at Florence for more than 10 yrs! And I didn't notice any new buildings at Florence when I was at the Spring 50 to house all the equipment they have so i guess it did also sit out all winter!
    And yes it was both. but i believe Florence did have more rain than Bardstown and when they got the wind that we did it was still raining! Don't know what your problem is with Bardstown and I see it was a waste of my time to try to explain to you that you was wrong and did not have the facts straight! You did not get under my skin as I understand that you probably wish you did! I was just stating the facts that you did not know for everybody else to see!
    And by the way I believe Florence sells beer like Bardstown does & they used to do 50/50 also! I do know that Bardstown did make 1 lucky fan happy Sat. night by making that person almost $700 richer!

You really sound like someone that got cut off at the beer both & also didn't win the 50/50. But I guess it was not Sat. night as you seem to have been at Florence & if you was I am glad you got to see the races! But I really doubt you was at either racetrack!
    I do wish you a great evening!

Mike Roland

Zonks32; Well I hate to hear that he didn't get that trophy ! I wish you both a great racing season and hope that you do make it back sometime! Have a Great Evening!

Mike Roland

I agree, bardstown rubbers up a lot thats way the dtwc is not there no more

Mike Jewell is a really nice person.enjoy watching him race.glad to see him with the good run sat night in the WoO.