Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default old camaro limited late model help

i just bought an old camaro limted late model car to run in a super stock class. ive never ran a leaf car. the rules allow a pan hard bar and pull rods can pretty much do anything to the chassis. alot of the cars in the class are pulling the left front wheel off the ground. im needing some suggestions to make the car fast and hook? im running a 700 gear like my old car had and i run a dpi platuim track in the rear ive had good luck with it. it has the landrum multi leafs and they are chrysler but i have no clue how to check the raits on a leaf car.. i run a 1/4 dirt track

see fastboys thread in OWM tech section.... http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?197...f-setup(-Info-)
    Last edited by dirty white boy; 05-03-2011 at 11:58 PM.

you wanting to keep it leaf? i run a 2 link camaro front clip car, raced against quiet a few leaf cars. you can keep up in the mud but the setup i'm running now eats leaf cars alive in the slick. pm me if you'd like some help.

Float the axle and put a pull bar in it! 27 inch pull bar down 18 degrees in front. Leaf springs with rear mounted 9 inches higher in rear than front.

what will that do for me ? and where do i get roller bearings to float the rear for a leaf car? i seen the guy that runs up front in my class runs a 4 link on the left side and a leaf on the right rear im not sure what that does or if anybody else is doing it.
    Last edited by oldnelly87; 05-28-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnelly87 View Post
    what will that do for me ? and where do i get roller bearings to float the rear for a leaf car? i seen the guy that runs up front in my class runs a 4 link on the left side and a leaf on the right rear im not sure what that does or if anybody else is doing it.
    its not a roller barring,..www.racemart.com its a modified clamp on leaf perch,works good! thay got the re-worked leafs too,..good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrunner35 View Post
    nice peace,..race mart got the one that look like regular perch for no floating rules...

is that bad that the pull rod limits wrap up? or does that keep the rear end from moving to much seens its floated ? im new too this stuff so
    Last edited by oldnelly87; 05-30-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnelly87 View Post
    is that bad that the pull rod limits wrap up? or does that keep the rear end from moving to much seens its floated ? im new too this stuff so
    scooter may,..the "father" of fastboys,..an many others sware to stay away from pull bar....but idk!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    scooter may,..the "father" of fastboys,..an many others sware to stay away from pull bar....but idk!
    i know ill havent to have somthing on their wont i to limited the movment of the rearend seens im going to float it ?

I put the fast boys on my stock car and had a pull bar, it did great. Then I bought a mod that was a mono leaf car, and put the fast boys on it. I left the fifth coil on it and it did ok. Then I took off the fifth coil ( pull bar ) and couldn't believe how much more forward bite I got.

I put the fast boys on my stock car and had a pull bar, it did great. Then I bought a mod that was a mono leaf car, and put the fast boys on it. I left the fifth coil on it and it did ok. Then I took off the fifth coil ( pull bar ) and couldn't believe how much more forward bite I got.
    if i dont use a pull rod what will keep the rearend from moving to much and knocking off the drive shaft ? seens the rearend is floating.

Do what the fast boy thread says, Take and cut the bands off and move the 2nd leaf down
    (the one next to the main ) and redrill the center hole 3"s back ( moving the front of it forward). Now take the 3rd
    leaf and turn it around 180 (front to back) and use the same hole. Now take the 4th small leaf and throw it away.
    While you have it apart you will see that the main leaf doesn't have enough arche in it. I like to rearch it so that
    when it is standing on the floor with the eyes down it is about 7 or 8"s tall at the center pin. Only put the arch in the
    front of the spring (from the eye forward).also I like to add some arch from the pin forward in the other 2 leafs also.
    When you bolt it back together only band the front of the spring (not the back).

The spring will limit the axle from moving. I had a single mono leaf with 2 front halfs of 2 leafs spring on mine. So three total on the front, thats all I had.

Do what the fast boy thread says, Take and cut the bands off and move the 2nd leaf down
    (the one next to the main ) and redrill the center hole 3"s back ( moving the front of it forward). Now take the 3rd
    leaf and turn it around 180 (front to back) and use the same hole. Now take the 4th small leaf and throw it away.
    While you have it apart you will see that the main leaf doesn't have enough arche in it. I like to rearch it so that
    when it is standing on the floor with the eyes down it is about 7 or 8"s tall at the center pin. Only put the arch in the
    front of the spring (from the eye forward).also I like to add some arch from the pin forward in the other 2 leafs also.
    When you bolt it back together only band the front of the spring (not the back).

The spring will limit the axle from moving. I had a single mono leaf with 2 front halfs of 2 leafs spring on mine. So three total on the front, thats all I had.
    do i need to put anything on the sides of the floater brackets ? so the rearend doesnt move side to side ?

Quote Originally Posted by Graff Spee View Post
    Float the axle and put a pull bar in it! 27 inch pull bar down 18 degrees in front. Leaf springs with rear mounted 9 inches higher in rear than front.
    were you wanting me to float both axles or just one ?

Only the right side.

[QUOTE=Dirtrunner35;1398941]Only the right side.[/QUOT
    so im going to float the right side and flop the leafs around. i know a guy that floated both sides and put a pull bar on he said it didnt work out.

Yes floating both sides is wrong. You only want the axle wrap to be on the left side.