Default Ronnie Johnson at Cleveland!

yes it is true, RJ just pulled into cleveland speedway to race!
    ~unless you have made no mistakes in your life... be careful of stones that you throw~

So Hell finally froze over today huh?

I thought my feet were kinda cold.But RJ is at Cleveland and wins heat 3.

What is the big deal with RJ at Cleveland? What am I missing guys?

Quote Originally Posted by edavis71 View Post
    What is the big deal with RJ at Cleveland? What am I missing guys?
    He hasn't raced there in a long time and said he'd never come back.

Default spoiler size

he had to run 8in spoiler last nite di he get 12in spoiler at cleveland?

I don't know how long its been, but it seemed like it was 20 years to me. All I know is it sure was good to see RJ back. The B hobbys and pony car count was pretty sad, good field of A hobbys. Didn't bother me, I go to watch the supers anyway. The track was very fast, I clocked supers in low 13's all night. Ole RJ didn't win, but seeing him circling his old home track made my hair stand up on my arms, and 2nd ain't to bad, it was a great night. I think he 8" spoiler but I could be wrong. I hope he comes back for the SAS race in a couple of weeks.
    "SLM Junkie"

Smile 20+

I was thinking it was over 20 years as well. He has not forgot how to get around the Cleveland Speedway, that is for sure. Chris Wall won the 3K and donated it all to a family affected by the tornado. What a class act!

RJ won a SAS race on July 11, 1992 at Cleveland. So close to 20 years. But I was thinking 1994 was the year he stopped coming. Ronnie has always said he would come back one day. Coming back for the Tribute to BJ Parker is about as good a time as any.

ronnie was there in the mid 90s when driving for barry wright, the last time i remember him there was in 1998. good to see him back.

Great to see RJ back at Cleveland! Most people around me, including myself, were very surprised to say the least when he rolled in. People were at the fence taking pictures and cheering. Glad to see that Chris Brown and Kayne Hickman were ok after a nasty wreck. Brown went hard into the wall and Hickmans car flipped down the front stretch. Tough break for Cook who had no where to go after a lap car spun in front of him while leading the race. Nice win for Wall and a very very very class act by donating the 3 grand to the family that lost everything in the tornado. Welcome back RJ
    Last edited by dirtfuseI4; 05-08-2011 at 11:21 AM.
    ~DirtfuseI4~

RJ was at the Hav a Tampa race in july 1996 at cleveland. That might be the last time he raced there. Was running on the Bloomquist Team at that time.

Track was awesome last last night, hammer down fast. Cook taken out while in the lead.

Wall is a class act donating the prize money

Great show,track never got dusty.I'll say it was an unusal show with everything that happened-seeing Ronnie Johnson's hauler pulling up at cleveland,and everybody knowing he doesn't run at cleveland was pretty exciting.Chris Wall,man what a class act giving his winnings and all.There was a huge wreck with the car of Brown and Kayne Hickman flipping and landing upside down,glad to see they were both OK.A back marker car spun and took out leader Cook and the 33 of Reese who was 2nd.The A-hobby race was a wild one,I mean limited late model the 3 of Richard Dixon was nearly crushed by a flying tire,and then broke a few laps later,the blue 12 car was really fast.I did miss one thing,I got up to walk around during the hobby race-I figured the 7 of Harbin was going to walk off with it,when I got down to the corner the o11 car of Roy Oxford was taking the checkered flag.I didn't see that! We got out of there with 1 to go in the supers race and beat the crowd out,and got down to 75 south and had to sit there for like a hour.But that's part of it I guess.Between Cleveland and Boyd's on friday I'll say that one of the best racing weekends I've had in a long time.I can't wait until next friday.

The 12 car was Bo Allison.
    Last edited by sevenstates; 05-08-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenstates View Post
    Great show,track never got dusty.I'll say it was an unusal show with everything that happened-seeing Ronnie Johnson's hauler pulling up at cleveland,and everybody knowing he doesn't run at cleveland was pretty exciting.Chris Wall,man what a class act giving his winnings and all.There was a huge wreck with the car of Brown and Kayne Hickman flipping and landing upside down,glad to see they were both OK.A back marker car spun and took out leader Cook and the 33 of Reese who was 2nd.The A-hobby race was a wild one,I mean limited late model the 3 of Richard Dixon was nearly crushed by a flying tire,and then broke a few laps later,the blue 12 car was really fast.I did miss one thing,I got up to walk around during the hobby race-I figured the 7 of Harbin was going to walk off with it,when I got down to the corner the o11 car of Roy Oxford was taking the checkered flag.I didn't see that! We got out of there with 1 to go in the supers race and beat the crowd out,and got down to 75 south and had to sit there for like a hour.But that's part of it I guess.Between Cleveland and Boyd's on friday I'll say that one of the best racing weekends I've had in a long time.I can't wait until next friday.
    7 car blew up, one of the cars hoods cameup and the others just pulled in

Something is up!!!! Ronnie never runs Dixie or Cleveland...He has been to both in the last few weeks....What in the HECK is going down..
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

Red face rj

Quote Originally Posted by 99plummer View Post
    Something is up!!!! Ronnie never runs Dixie or Cleveland...He has been to both in the last few weeks....What in the HECK is going down..
    Maybe we are waiting on you to tell us all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    race race race