Default Mother Nature Wins American Modified Series at Lake Cumberland; Reset for May 28

American Modified Series
    220 Reynolds Road
    Glasgow, KY 42141
    www.americanmodifiedseries.com

Mother Nature Wins American Modified Series at Lake Cumberland; Reset for May 28

Burnside, KY- May 7, 2011- The American Modified Series would be set to present its 2011 series opener on Saturday evening with a first-ever visit to the Brandon Hardgrove promoted Lake Cumberland Speedway in Burnside, KY, but Mother Nature had other ideas and forced the postponement of the event.

Time trials were completed and just as the track’s Super Late Model division was finishing up their heats, rain showers began to fall over the grounds making the race surface unsafe for competition and with more rain showers predicted to come in, track and series officials were forced to postpone the event.

This event has been rescheduled for Saturday evening May 28. The event will be a complete new show, starting over, and all drivers will be welcome to compete at this event.

The American Modified Series will now open its season on Friday May 13 at the Mike and Judy Miles promoted Bloomington Speedway in Bloomington, IN, followed by a Saturday May 14 date at the David and Anita Ferrell promoted Bluegrass Speedway in Burnside, KY.

The American Modified Series presents UMP Modified sanctioned dirt track sports entertainment at racing venues throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, and Tennessee. For more information concerning the American Modified Series, call series race director Chad Yantz at (606) 510-4836 or via the internet by visiting the series website at www.americanmodifiedseries.com.

American Modified Series 2011 Tour Schedule
    *May 7- Lake Cumberland Speedway (Burnside, KY)- $1,500 to win- Rainout
    *May 13- Bloomington Speedway (Bloomington, IN)- $1,500 to win
    *May 14- Bluegrass Speedway (Bardstown, KY)- $1,500 to win- 11th Annual Mod Squad Bash
    *May 27- Moler Raceway Park (Williamsburg, OH)- $1,500 to win
    *May 28- Lake Cumberland Speedway (Burnside, KY)- $1,500 to win
    *June 18- Richmond Raceway (Richmond, KY)- $1,500 to win- 2nd Annual Open Wheel Modified Bash
    *June 25- Florence Speedway (Union, KY)- $1,500 to win- Bandit Race Cars 30
    *July 8- Bloomington Speedway (Bloomington, IN)- $1,500 to win- JB Salvage, Inc. 30
    *July 23- To Be Announced (Kentucky)- To Be Announced
    *July 30- Bluegrass Speedway (Bardstown, KY)- $1,500 to win- 11th Annual Bluegrass
    Rumble
    *August 13- Lawrenceburg Speedway (Lawrenceburg, IN)- $1,500 to win- Monster Mod 40
    *August 20- Brownstown Speedway (Brownstown, IN)- $1,500 to win- Boknecht Trucking 30
    *August 26- Tazewell Speedway (Tazewell, TN)- $3,000 to win
    *September 16- Moler Raceway Park (Williamsburg, OH)- $1,500 to win

American Modified Series 2011 Sponsors/Supporters
    *All Star Performance (www.allstarperformance.com)- “Hard Charger of the Race” Award
    *Arizona Sport Shirts- “Official Merchandise Vendor” of the American Modified Series (www.arizonasportshirts.com)
    *Bad Fast Race Cars- (www.badfastracecars.com)
    *Bandit Race Cars (www.banditracecars.net)
    *B&B Motorsports
    *Boknecht Trucking
    *Comp Cams (www.compcams.com)- “Sponsor of Heat #4”
    *Dale Meers Race Engines
    *Diamond Race Cars (www.diamondracecars.net)
    *Dyers Top Rods (www.dyersrods.com)
    *Frankland Racing Equipment (www.franklandracing.com)
    *H & H Computer Services (www.handhcomputers.com)
    *Hypercoils (www.hypercoils.com)- “Sponsor of Heat Race #1”
    *Impressive Race Cars (www.impressiveracecars.com)
    *Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens Race Engines (www.jay(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens.com)
    *JB Salvage, Inc. (www.jbsalvage.com)
    *JumpStart Communications- “Official Webmaster” of the American Modified Series
    *Lightning Chassis (www.lightningchassis.com)
    *Maximum Energy Development
    *Mullins Race Engines (www.mullinsraceengines.com)
    *PPM Racing Products (www.ppmracingproducts.com)
    *RHS Head Service (www.racingheadservice.com)- “Engine Builder of the Year Award and Sponsor of Heat 4”
    *UMP Dirt Car (www.umpracing.com)
    *VP Racing Fuels (www.vpracingfuels.com)- “Official Race Fuel of the American Modified Series and Sponsor of Heat Race #3”
    *Wiles Driveshafts (www.wilesdriveshafts.com)- “Sponsor of Heat Race #2”
    *Williams Precision Engines (www.wpespeedshop.com)- “$100 Fast Qualifier Award” at all events

After the shower we had it would've took hours to get it back and radar was full lots of drivers were still there when lots of rain moved through right after we called it so we done the right thing and only thing sorry u have to always bash the tracks and drivers

I hope promoters will take into consideration the high cost of fuel, before they cancel races after all have arrived at the track. That is money we can never get back and have to spend again in order to return a second time to race. On a long haul as in the race teams who drove from Indiana the cost can be several hundred dollars. There are fewer teams this year than last, maybe promoters need to have a different attitude when dealing with the people they expect to show up to put on a show for them. The cost of competing in this series may also be out of range for most racers.

I understand there was no attempt to try and get the show in.

Just my 2 cents.
    C. Kramer

Hey 454 , we were there also and feel your pain ...........I don't know how long yaw stayed or what but as much as we hated it to ...........it jus wasn't gonna happen . We ate at the DQ afterwards and it rained pretty steady ..........he was gonna lose his @ss if they did run ............would that have been better that he lost his @ss and shut down or we lost some fuel money and still have a track open for us to all come back to ? Just a bad deal mother nature dealt us and prolly best it did happen because it was very sad to look around at the empty parking spots and stands .

I would like to commend Brandon and the staff at Lake Cumberland Speedway...Brandon did not have a good crowd at all due to the weather in the area but could not call the race earlier due to there was no rain in the immediate area. He like any respectable business owner agreed to pay the purse and not cut anything out of it knowing he was going to lose $5000+..We have series raced for years through the BOB and now the AMS unfortunatley this is a part of series racing that is not in our hands but the man up stairs...fuel was over $4.00 / gallon back in 2008 and we rained out several times with the BOB was not a good thing but a part of it...I commend these guys for traveling and next Friday night we are in Bloomington Indiana so now the guys down here in Kentucky have to travel a long ways with the possibility of rain...lets just hope for no more rain outs the rest of the year...good luck to everyone!!!

Default just a thought

I was there it rained . poor crowd . not surprised it was called off. My thought however is the make up date . why run it right after a Friday race at Moler 3 hours or so away when you could opt to run Tazwell on Friday as it is scheduled then have teams come north a hour or so to the Lake Cumberland that Saturday .the teams from Indiana will have a 5 to 6 hour drive to Tazwell so a extra race that weekend near would seem to make a lot of sense to me . makes much more sense fuel and travel wise for those teams that are traveling . perhaps maybe get some feedback from those who are traveling with the series before the date is set as it was . . i know a few that plan to run the mile i think in may . . seems unfair to make them choose to me . just my two cents .