Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Move your 5th coil forward.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

is there a good in car lap timer that will keep good track of your lap times to see if your getting better or worse??

I am having the same problem with a mastersbilt. How much will moving the left bottom bar down affect my entry? What about stiffer right front spring?

Quote Originally Posted by 4J Automotive View Post
    I am having the same problem with a mastersbilt.
    How much will moving the left bottom bar down affect my entry? What about stiffer right front spring?
    Left lower = not a lot

rf spring = a good bit

Not to mention that the former tightens entry and the latter loosens entry when talking about off the gas handling.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

When your moving your panhard either on the frame or rear are you making sure that your left to right is staying the same? If the rear is moving to the left and your not correcting it that will increase your entry but also will cause a loose exit problem. Make sure it is staying the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Left lower = not a lot

rf spring = a good bit

Not to mention that the former tightens entry and the latter loosens entry when talking about off the gas handling.
    What exactly are you saying with "the former"?

We are on RR Index and that only affects the car on throttle. I am trying not tamper with one click index on RR and get just a little drive off. t Can the left bottom give me a little coming off without effecting the car which turns and drives great.

Also contemplated making the whole car tighter w/ the stiffer right front and going all the way on RR index and planned on adjusting off RR index to race conditions.

What exactly are you saying with "the former"?

We are on RR Index and that only affects the car on throttle. I am trying not tamper with one click index on RR and get just a little drive off. t Can the left bottom give me a little coming off without effecting the car which turns and drives great.

Also contemplated making the whole car tighter w/ the stiffer right front and going all the way on RR index and planned on adjusting off RR index to race conditions.
    The former means the first option meantioned. When you say the RR is indexed, you mean the top bar dropped on the cage? If so, that changes the dynamic spring rate of the rr. It has to effect the car off the throttle.

It make the rr spring rate higher and puts more of the thrust load on the rr upper bar. Both will make the car looser on the gas and you should see some tightening on entry. If you are too loose on exit, getting rid of the index should be a positive adjustment.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

We are indexed on the birdcage on the RR. Are you saying that dropping the bottom left bar will free me up even more on entry?

We are indexed on the birdcage on the RR. Are you saying that dropping the bottom left bar will free me up even more on entry?
    No, it should tighten entry just a bit. The stiffer rf will loosen entry off the gas.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Stiffer RF spring will tighten on exit also right? Thank you alot

Stiffer RF spring will tighten on exit also right? Thank you alot
    Yes sir.....
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

my 5th coil is all the way back at the rearend- 32 inchs would moving it up 2 holes to ABOUT 34-35 HELP FORWARD DRIVE??? ALSO WOULD RIASING THE LR TOP ROD UP TO ABOUT THE 4TH HOLE FROM THE 2ND HOLE HELP ALSO???

Yes it will help at 34-35 and as far as the lrt bar don't go over 45 degrees when the left rear is stretched out.

Ok all things created equal (and they never are) which would create more side bite or forward bite if any, a 225 or 250 RR spring?

depends on track conditions and where you like to run, if there's a burm, etc. it's never as easy as just heavier/lighter.

The car and the driver work as a system, so you have to take all the aspects into account as well as your environment when considering changes.

It is almost always dry slick and will drive it low and high. Kind of have to go where I need to. Prefer to run right in the middle. But sometimes I can get a little loose or snappy coming off the apex to the straight.

Someone should have a idea about this?

help, just curious what everyones/anyones opinion would be on this question please help.

heavier rr spring will tighten entry to the middle and free off just a little another words planting the rr so if it frees the car to much on exit youll have to tighten it up somewhere else now if your wanting to plant the rr on exit or get the car driving straighter off the turn thats a different adjustment
    Last edited by grt74; 05-22-2011 at 09:54 AM.

That is what I am trying to do, I like the car to be striaght and would like suggestions on planting the RR for drive and sidebite. currently I am running LF 550 RF 350
    LR 250 and RR 225. Seems like I get in ok but have to work the gas more then I think I should have to. Running a 550 HP motor and would like to be full throttle sooner. Any suggestions.