Thread: D4 intake??????

Default D4 intake??????

Came acrost what might be a d4 intake. I have read on here they are the best even over a efi intake. It has the firing order 1342 and after that has d4 and a bunch of numbers after that. Is this a d4 intake? No need to put the efi intake down thats what I have always ran and works well . Just woundering if its the d4.

i am unaware of any changed from the D4 to the D9 intakes...i know the D4 block is well desired..but never heard about the intake.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

The D4 intakes is what most people look for when rules require a stock carbureted intake. The D4 has straight lines in the plenum floor under the carb while the D9 has a "Z" in the plenum floor. It sounds like you have a D4 & it should work well.

i red that turbo moters is the best so that must make it tru too

Car62 the block or the head? We pulled this intake and the intake ports in the head compared to another oval port I had was considerably bigger in the runners. Whats better about the block?

I once red that the turbo moters blue up way to easy. Orange ya glad i shared that,

Definitely a D4 intake. If you measure the plenum depth it is deeper than the D9. The D9 and E1(D-port) share the same plenum shape. The first two digits of any Ford part # is the year of initial release for that configuration D=70, E=80, .....

The turbo motors only work good if you leave the .370 lift cam in there, and live longer if you take that noisy turbocharger off.
    Oval racing helps you unwind because you race counter clockwise.

2007 and 2008 Ohsweken Speedway MiniStock Champion
    2007 and 2008 Merrittville Speedway 4 Cylinder Champion
    2009 Humberstone Speedway MiniStock All Canadian Champion

Quote Originally Posted by spddmn View Post
    Car62 the block or the head? We pulled this intake and the intake ports in the head compared to another oval port I had was considerably bigger in the runners. Whats better about the block?

I once red that the turbo moters blue up way to easy. Orange ya glad i shared that,
    both actually...the blocks(if sonic checked)are good to go .080 overbore,and the heads seems to hold up well with .200 milled off them.

www.raceidaho.com

The best intake I have ever ran was a D4.. Wish I still had one but sold it and never thought I would be back in a mini and here I am!

dont worry longhorn...there will be one going on ebay in 2 days!!!!

www.raceidaho.com

haha. well i love to have it but they opened the rules up like crazy this year and Im going to the esslinger intake! thanks for the heads up tho!

We just picked up an nos D4 intake off Ebay for cheap money. The guy had it listed as for a 2.0 but from what I could research the intake is the same one that came on 2.3's. Is this the case or are there two different intakes? The casting number is D4FZ-9424-A

2.0 intake round d4 oval. I have a good untouched d4 if anyone is interested

I understand there is an oval port and a d port, but-all the D4 means is that it was made in 1974. The d port if there was one in 74 will have the D4 on it also. I have about 6 of the D4 with the lines in the bottom and about 3 with the z shape in the bottom. Not hard to find in this area,,,Knoxville, Tn.

i believe E1 was 1st year of the D-port Intake.

www.raceidaho.com

u is rite. 1981 dport