Default cast steel crank

Can I turn a cast steel crank 7000 rpm and not worry about it? I havent turned more than 7000 with what i have now. Will the cast steel crank hold up?

Cast cranks are stronger than you may think. With the aftermarket cranks bieng so cheap, I would just buy a decent crank and be done with it. Think of your engine as a bomb. You spend money on performance parts in hopes of lenghening the fuse!

i know of 4 cast chevy cranks turning 7400 to 7800 2 times a week for multiple seasons,..an a drag car with a cast chevy crank turning 8200 an been in the motor 10 years,...all of them turned 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    i know of 4 cast chevy cranks turning 7400 to 7800 2 times a week for multiple seasons,..an a drag car with a cast chevy crank turning 8200 an been in the motor 10 years,...all of them turned 10/10
    You can not compair a drag motor to ANY oval track motor, one thing is they do not back load the crank and an oval motor turns more total RPM in one night than a drag motor does in 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    You can not compair a drag motor to ANY oval track motor, one thing is they do not back load the crank and an oval motor turns more total RPM in one night than a drag motor does in 1 year.
    first 4 i mentioned is in dirt cars,..only one in drag car,..but for 10 years turning 8200,thought it was worth mentioning...

But in those 10 years he has not beat on one like you do in one year of oval track racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    But in those 10 years he has not beat on one like you do in one year of oval track racing.
    yes,..no backing off pressure ever on that crank,..but the 400 shot of nitro an to easy on it ether,..he just refreshed that motor,...barrings still looked new,..ant journal-man said crank was as good as when he prepared it 10 year ago...but still,..theres alot better cranks if money an rules allow!