Default Ponderosa Speedway's May 20 Event Cancelled Due to Waterline Break

Ponderosa Speedway
    365 Phillips Lane
    Junction City, Kentucky 40440

2011 Official Media Release #30 (For Immediate Distribution: May 19, 2011)
    Contact- Michael Despain (mgdespain@windstream.net and/or dirttrackracing@hotmail.com)

Ponderosa Speedway’s Pete Abell Memorial Cancelled Due To Waterline Break

Junction City, KY- May 19, 2011- Ponderosa Speedway track promoter Donnie Sullivan and family have to announce the cancellation of the 16th Annual Pete Abell Memorial that was scheduled for Friday May 20 due to a break in a waterline.

According to Mr. Sullivan, a main waterline at the track was discovered broken earlier in the day on Thursday and has flooded a portion of the frontchute with water, making it impossible to ready the racing surface for race action for the scheduled May 20 event. Mr. Sullivan and family apologize for any inconvenience caused to racers and fans alike.

Ponderosa Speedway will now take a break from race action until Friday June 24 when the 12th Annual Hugh “Junebug” Rowland Memorial event is scheduled to take place, paying $2,500 to win and $200 to start for Good Neighbor Pharmacy Super Late Models. In the meantime, Sullivan and family are going to undertake some renovations to the race facility, with things such as fresh paint for the retaining walls and framework of the bleachers and also new paint on the concessions building.

Ponderosa Speedway is located at 365 Phillips Lane on the Boyle/Lincoln County border, outside of Junction City, KY, just minutes from Danville, KY. Donnie Sullivan and family are the track promoters and will present dirt track sports entertainment on Friday evenings throughout the 2011 race season. For more information about racing activities at Ponderosa Speedway, visit the track’s webpage on the internet at www.ponderosaspeedway.net or phone the Sullivan family at (606) 669-4009 or (606) 365-0402. Partons can phone the track at (859) 854-6808 on raceday.

R U Sh#ttin me ? Bad#sssss water break ........aaaaaaayyyyyyy ?

Default Just Wrong

OK even if I believe a water break for this week end what is your excuse for the next FOUR WEEK ENDS that you have cancelled???????? I know you thought you knew everything with your NEW RULES when people where on here telling you not to change things, but YOU KNEW BEST and did not have any cars. So bottom line I think you should never open again you have CRIED WOLF TO MANY TIMES!!!!! Where are you Larry Yantz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please!!!!!!!!! Larry Yantz come to the rescue!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs down

anybody would be a plus. what a dumbass was going to have the best car count yet with the rule changes that was made. i am done with that place until new owner takes over which wont be long. off for 4 weeks whats the excuse your dog die or what.

Quote Originally Posted by fastasme View Post
    anybody would be a plus. what a dumbass was going to have the best car count yet with the rule changes that was made. i am done with that place until new owner takes over which wont be long. off for 4 weeks whats the excuse your dog die or what.
    Why dont you find another place to race, its plain to see there is a problem, so just find another track. I think a few drivers are going to clinton county speedway tonite. Give it a shot.

thanks you

Angry Ponderosa

He will never make it.