FAYETTEVILLE, NC - The stars of the National Dirt Racing Association ‘Road Show’ Presented by Heintz Performance are ready for one of the marquee events of 2011 on May 27th at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
One driver in particular who is looking forward to this event is Jimmy Schiltz. Schiltz closed out 2010 with his biggest career win in NDRA’s ‘Dirt Wars’ at I-77 Speedway.
“It’s hard to imagine being any closer to a win than what we were in August there without actually winning,” said Schiltz from his Dirtwrap offices. “I felt we were the dominant car on Saturday night, had a big lead, only to have it rain before halfway. Per rules, we had to restart from that point on Sunday, at which time I thought we had lost it to Davenport, then passing him back and feeling like I had it won again, only to have him pass me back with 5 laps to go. It was definitely bittersweet for us. That race gave us a lot of confidence going into the October race though, and after a subpar qualifying effort, we won our heat, only to get tossed out for being too light at the scales, then receiving a provisional, and then eventually finishing 6th from 24th. I felt like we had a car to win there as well as we made it to 8th at about lap 10, but I got tangled up there going to the outside on a restart and I lost about 5 positions, and had to fight my way back up there. We just kind of ran out of laps. Charlotte to me is like my Daytona 500 with the facility, the crowd, and the wide racing surface, but it also always seems to be some sort of roller coaster event for me as well. Winning a race there is the ultimate accomplishment for me and I look forward to the opportunity to go back there next week.”
Besides being an accomplished race car driver, Schiltz is the owner of Dirtwrap which supplies graphics for many of the top teams in the country. This keeps the father of two very busy from his Hickory, NC headquarters.
“I guess when I was told as a kid to follow my passions in life, I took it to heart,” added the father of two. “Running Dirtwrap allows me to do what it is that I truly love to do, as I get the same feeling of accomplishment when I have a satisfied customer as I do when I win a race. We work very hard at trying to be unique from season to season, to keep our prices constant, and to treat everyone with the same respect no matter their racing pedigree. I know how much it means to me when a supplier or vendor takes the time to get vested into what it is that we do, so we try to do that with all of our customers as well. That is what keeps me enthused and makes all the late nights and weekends bearable. Because at the end of the day, our customers are our friends, and if we keep doing that, we will be just fine. It is a legacy that I am proud to pass down to my children.”
The field will be limited to 40 entries all teams interested in participating need to get their entries filed soon. This will be a topless event and the first scheduled ‘Road Show’ Presented by Heintz Performance of 2011. Drivers must be a NDRA Member to compete in the event. The membership deadline has been pushed back to the day of the event so teams can register on hand. Teams that chose to register for the ‘Road Show’ events only will only be charged $100. To learn more about the event please visit www.ndraracing.com
NDRA would like to thank the following for their contribution to 2011; City Chevrolet, Heintz Performance, Goodyear Racing Tires, GM Performance Parts, Dirtwrap, Eibach Springs, R2C Filters, Racing Electronics, FK Rod Ends, LaJoie of Seating, Performance Tee’s, Rock Automotive, HICG Motorsports Insurance, Firethorn Marketing.