Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan2757 View Post
    Sure:

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_fo..._story/5997325

But even funnier, the coaches forgot there was a Big East conference again this year in their preseason polls, and go ahead and tell me the same speech about preseason polls are meaningless, but you can't blame the coaches, I mean they only could go off of last year's final polls for the Big Weak as well:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...gs/_/year/2010

Hmm, maybe they are forgetting there is a Big East Conference at all????? And this division gets a BCS automatic bid
    I'm sure Brian Kelly and his pre season ranked Notre Dame fighting Irish remember the BEAST right now. First week and the first win against a top 20 ranked team for the BEAST. The Big East went 8-0, joining the Big 12 as the only conferences to have a perfect record on opening weekend.
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm sure Brian Kelly and his pre season ranked Notre Dame fighting Irish remember the BEAST right now. First week and the first win against a top 20 ranked team for the BEAST. The Big East went 8-0, joining the Big 12 as the only conferences to have a perfect record on opening weekend.
    You spoke too soon. One of your "beast" teams just lost to something called an FIU

Hmmmm, I remember Mike bragging about the kittens facing a SEC team a few years back. How'd that workout for the kittens? And that's a bottom of the list SEC team! Maybe they should try Vanderbilt next!

Default A moment of silence for the worst conference in the NCAA football division!

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=60830

The fact that this conference even gets a BCS automatic bid is beyond ridiculous! May whats left of the teams in the conference find the Big Ten be much nicer to you

Wonder how Ole Penn Dirt's season is going today

I would love to commend a certain university to the north on a huge accomplishment. It's not every day that your football team loses to Rutgers and your basketball team gets beat by Presbyterian............congrats.

Sweethardt

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-a$$ speed." Eleanor Roosevelt

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

"He's somewhere between John Wayne & Clint Eastwood" - Bill France, Jr. on Dale Earnhardt

"He'd rather race Earnhardt as eat," says Harry Hyde, Tim Richmond's veteran crew

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    I would love to commend a certain university to the north on a huge accomplishment. It's not every day that your football team loses to Rutgers and your basketball team gets beat by Presbyterian............congrats.
    BK, were we all wrong on Richt or was it a gift from the scheduling God's that he keeps his job? GA will know what they got in 2 weeks.

Also, does the BCS know that the Big East is a football conference? They can't seem to get one of their teams in the top 25. Someone PLEASE justify the automatic bid they get again?????? Its just a spot another SEC team should have!!!

BK, were we all wrong on Richt or was it a gift from the scheduling God's that he keeps his job? GA will know what they got in 2 weeks.

Also, does the BCS know that the Big East is a football conference? They can't seem to get one of their teams in the top 25. Someone PLEASE justify the automatic bid they get again?????? Its just a spot another SEC team should have!!!

We're decent. Our D has played lights out most of the year when we don't put them in bad situations, although we'll struggle with Tech's option this weekend. Richt has done a good job of keeping everyone pointed in the right direction after starting 0-2, but scheduling has worked in our favor. I do think he's done a good job this year though.

Jarvis Jones and Shawn Williams I love...........

We're good enough to not get took to the shed next weekend, but we'd need a break or two to pull off any upset.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    We're decent. Our D has played lights out most of the year when we don't put them in bad situations, although we'll struggle with Tech's option this weekend. Richt has done a good job of keeping everyone pointed in the right direction after starting 0-2, but scheduling has worked in our favor. I do think he's done a good job this year though.

Jarvis Jones and Shawn Williams I love...........

We're good enough to not get took to the shed next weekend, but we'd need a break or two to pull off any upset.
    B_K & dirtfan2757,

No way I would bet on this game Saturday, never know which team is going to show up for either school. Does the UGA team that crushed Auburn show up or the team that played Kentucky show up? Does the GT team that beat Clemson show up or the team that lost to Miami & Virginia show up? Is UGA looking past GT? Who knows...

I am a stats kind of guy. The best Total Offense team that UGA beat this year is New Mexico St at 45. (Boise St is 14th, South Carolina is 80th) GT is 16th.

The best Total Defense team that GT has beat is NC St at 34, NC is 38, Clemson is 56. UGA is 4th. UGA is 2nd in Rush defense, GT beat NC which is 18th.

B_K Jarvis Jones wants to play on Sundays, that dude knows how to hit.

I do hope UGA comes out of this game healthy because they will need everyone next weekend. And I would like UGA's chances against LSU over Bama.

Who knows what will happen this Saturday but hopefully it will be a good game.
    "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it. You don't multiply wealth by dividing it. Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else." - Adrian Rogers

The best battle on Friday comes on fourth down. That's when LSU's Brad Wing punts to Arkansas' Joe Adams.

WPS!

Happy Gobble Gobble day everybody!
    Sweethardt

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-a$$ speed." Eleanor Roosevelt

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

"He's somewhere between John Wayne & Clint Eastwood" - Bill France, Jr. on Dale Earnhardt

"He'd rather race Earnhardt as eat," says Harry Hyde, Tim Richmond's veteran crew

Quote Originally Posted by brainbucket View Post
    B_K & dirtfan2757,

No way I would bet on this game Saturday, never know which team is going to show up for either school. Does the UGA team that crushed Auburn show up or the team that played Kentucky show up? Does the GT team that beat Clemson show up or the team that lost to Miami & Virginia show up? Is UGA looking past GT? Who knows...

I am a stats kind of guy. The best Total Offense team that UGA beat this year is New Mexico St at 45. (Boise St is 14th, South Carolina is 80th) GT is 16th.

The best Total Defense team that GT has beat is NC St at 34, NC is 38, Clemson is 56. UGA is 4th. UGA is 2nd in Rush defense, GT beat NC which is 18th.

B_K Jarvis Jones wants to play on Sundays, that dude knows how to hit.

I do hope UGA comes out of this game healthy because they will need everyone next weekend. And I would like UGA's chances against LSU over Bama.

Who knows what will happen this Saturday but hopefully it will be a good game.
    Stats are for losers.........just kidding, that's one of my old high school coaches favorite sayings.

I just hope that Jarvis decides to play on Sunday after next year instead of this year. Coming off a neck injury he may need two good years to ease NFL guys worries though. I think our LB's are as good as anyone not named Alabama. Jarvis, Ogletree, and Herrera will all play on Sunday, and Washington might as well.

If we play like we played against Auburn, I like our chances with most anyone, but that's as good as we've looked in years. I think we'll win the battle up front with our O line. Will probably come down to who lays it on the ground a couple of times..

Just to let all the UGA fans know, I'm pulling for y'all Saturday night against LSU because I remember how hard y'all were pulling for us, Gators, the night we played Ohio State. What goes around comes around.

BK, looks like those stats were for nothing. GA dominated that game and Tech helped by throwing the ball to us! Not bad for GA with our best running back being a spectator yesterday.

On to LSU, and all I hope for is a competitive game. GA's defense has got to show up big time and Murray and Crowwell have got to have the game of their lives.

Not only does the Kittens get their @ss handed to them in football, they get it kicked in basketball in more ways than one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMKZ8Dhd9nY

Hey dirtfan2757 or B_k wasn't Crowell suspose to be the second comming of Heshel Walker?

It doesn't look like he will be collecting any heismen hardware in his college career.

http://bloguin.com/crystalballrun/20...ama-state.html
    Mike

Facebook

Mike, when you got this guy, it doesn't matter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxpxQ...eature=related

But it doesn't stop there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpXa4...eature=related
    Last edited by dirtfan2757; 07-06-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Nice highschool highlights........should make Georgia a shoe in for the college national championship this year lol
    Mike

Facebook

Yeah, this forum I know is missing a lot of its key members. WTH happened?
    When you can't even make posts or threads without them being deleted by one loose cannon Mod you finally just say "the heck with it"!!! They are still out there though checking in at times. They just gave up posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Nice highschool highlights........should make Georgia a shoe in for the college national championship this year lol
    Looks like it has carried over to the NCAA:

http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-...090312aaa.html

and GA is a lot closer to the front than your kitties are!