Default Nick D!ckson Wins First of 2011 at Bedford Speedway!

For Immediate Release:
    Nick D!ckson Racing
    contactus@jnjmotorsportsmedia.com
    JNJ Motorsports Media

Nick D!ckson Wins First of 2011 at Bedford Speedway!

May 25, 2011 (Lewistown, PA) Nick D!ckson of Lewistown, PA and Nick D!ckson Racing have had an up and down start to the 2011 season after five straight top 10 finishes in April. The month of May hasn’t been as kind to D!ckson as he finished outside of the top ten in his first two starts of the month. But this past Friday, May 20 that all changed at Bedford Speedway as Nick held off Five-Time Bedford Speedway track champion Jack Pencil for his first win of 2011 and first at Bedford in three years.

Nick started the 25-lap event on the pole, and after handily controlling a majority of the race, fourth starting Jack Pencil started reeling in D!ckson. With seven laps to go, the pair caught lapped traffic and Pencil was able to duck underneath D!ckson several times until a lap 21 caution bunched the field. D!ckson distanced himself from the pack and took the checkered by a healthy margin. D!ckson was overwhelmed with joy and emotion in Victory Lane as his Uncle Rick has been very ill recently. Nick dedicated the win to him as well as Tyler Ritchey, who had been seriously injured in an accident. D!ckson's sixth career win at the Bedford, PA oval also guarantees him a starting spot in the $5,000 to-win Appalachian Mountain Speedweek event on Friday, June 10.

‘I had my dad (Ken D!ckson) giving me some hand signals telling me to get up on the wheel; I saw his (Pencil) nose a few times and I knew he’d race me clean,’ D!ckson said in an interview after the race. ‘It got a little iffy out there with lapped traffic, two cars racing for position but the caution came out at the right time and our small motor got the job done tonight.’ Nick finished out the weekend on Saturday, May 22 at Hagerstown Speedway in Hagerstown, MD with a fifth place finish.

Nick and the D!ckson Race team will be in action next Friday, May 27 most likely at Bedford Speedway while the Three State Flyers race at Winchester (VA) Speedway is still a possibility. Saturday, May 28 the team will head to Hagerstown Speedway for the $3,000 to-win Richard ‘Boney’ Bonebrake Tribute sanctioned by the Three State Flyers Series. On Sunday, May 29 Nick is scheduled to compete at Hesston Speedway in Hesston, PA with the Unified Force Race Championship (UFO) tour where two, $2,000 to-win features are on tap.

Nick D!ckson and the Nick D!ckson Race Team would like to thank their 2011 sponsors: D!ckson's Alignment, D!ckson's Exhaust, Speedwrapz, Hershey Racing Engines, JNJ Motorsports Media, Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic, Jake’s Custom Carts, Frankland Racing Supply, Cizmar Racing, Simpson, and GW Performance.

Written and Distributed by:
    JNJ Motorsports Media
    www.jnjmotorsportsmedia.com
    Last edited by JNJ Motorsports Media; 05-25-2011 at 08:32 AM.