Default Engine/Transmission Mounts???

Car is set up for solid engine mounts...should the stock cross member to transmission mount be solid or rubber?

This is a Camaro uni-bodied chassis. Frames have been tied together, front to back, but not x'ed. Steel scatter shield, 3 speed Saginaw, 300ish hp SBC.
    Had a rubber mount in it. It broke. Worried if I put a solid trans mount in it, I'll bust the trans case from the frame flexing.
    Thanks for any replies, suggestions.
    Gill T. Azell

Was it one of the stock OEM type rubber mounts? If so, they won't hold up. Definitely don't go solid as you said it will bust bellhousing, etc. Get a good trans mount with the polyurethane inside, it will take more abuse and still allow it to flex.
    U can step on the brake
    U can step on the gas
    But step on ur crank
    UR gonna get passed!

Quote Originally Posted by 82Motorsports View Post
    Was it one of the stock OEM type rubber mounts? If so, they won't hold up. Definitely don't go solid as you said it will bust bellhousing, etc. Get a good trans mount with the polyurethane inside, it will take more abuse and still allow it to flex.
    yup,..what he said!! im in middle of doing the same thing!! no on solid trans mount!!

Quote Originally Posted by 82Motorsports View Post
    Yes, it was a new stock rubber trans mount. Lasted 4 nights. I'll get a poly mount. Thanks.
    Gill T. Azell