Quote Originally Posted by cautrell05 View Post
Not using a single master cylinder is about safety, plain and simple. You loose a hose with 1 single master cylinder and you loose all brakes. At least with a dual you will have some. Maybe not much but something at least.

In 18 years of turning wrenches professionally I have put alot pf mastercylinders on. Never once have I seen a built in valve on an older rear wheel drive application. Picking a master cylinder based off of application is not the best way to do it. It might get you close but your better off knowing exactly what your getting.
For example. 65 chevy c-10 is listed on rock auto as having a 1" or 1 1/8" master cylinder. -cast iron
75 camaro with power brakes 1 1/8 - cast iron
75 camaro with manual brakes 1" - cast iron
91 jeep wrangler 1" aluminum MC- looks just like the old cast iron ones
91 Dodge caravan 7/8 aluminum/plastic reservoir.

My car has the large GM calipers all the way around. A 1" mc with the brake pushrod moved up on the pedal. With the small metric calipers you may want to go with a 7/8 or 15/16. Too large of a MC will make it harder to push the pedal. Too small will take more pedal travel to apply.

Front or rear port. If both pistons are the same size then they both put out the same pressure. Dont let any one tell you other wise. The only difference on the cast style is one port has a large res and the other has a small one.

Nick
Wilwood has a 7/8 Caravan master that they took the plastic piston and made an aluminum one for it and that was the only thing they did. We busted one in a wreck and got a standard opne out of the Junk Yard and used the aluminum piston in it and kept using it.