9. Bill Vandevender
    10. Matt Chenoweth
    11. Josh Revels
    12. Michael Cromer
    13. Mike Cromer
    14. Larry Atha
    15. Brandon Kerr
    16. Jeff Hess

Dont Forget the Chuck Gear Trophy in 2 weeks June 17th, $3,000 to win for super lates

Angry

come on zero.........you could be my hero.........but noooooooooooo..... i think the street stock,4 bangers and wedges paid the same money to race as the fore mentioned classes on your post................where's the love man??????????
    "RACING IS A CRUEL SPORT FOR FOLKS WITH A LARGE EGO..."
    MY PAP PAP TAUGHT ME THAT

Ok Randy....heeeeeeer ya go!~.....

Street Stocks....

Jim Byers
    Rick Vest
    RANDY BOHON (the worlds most Greatest Street stock Driver)
    Johnny Singleton
    Bryan Mitchell
    CJ McLean
    Samantha Rogers
    Dustin Isner
    Robin Maxon
    Wes herron
    Jamie Keene
    Ken Vest
    Robert Isner
    **Jr Auvil NS
    4 cyls
    Donnie Wamsley
    Jason Frazier
    Frank Jones
    Anthony Lopez
    Dusty Wamsley

I was Not given a rundown on the mini's by the Mini people.....so, I cant post it....hopes this helps randy...I wont let it slip by me again

SOOOOO...... when is the BOUNTY going to be put out on the "Hawkins Boys"!?! Those kids are on a rail at ELKINS!!!!!!

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Zero;1384884]Ok Randy....heeeeeeer ya go!~.....

Street Stocks....

Jim Byers
    Rick Vest
    RANDY BOHON (the worlds most Greatest Street stock Driver)
    thanks so much zera
    i sense a hint of sarcasism
    opps ...sorry i misspelled your name
    thanks for the up date though

Thumbs up

hey zero
    on a serious note
    why don't you send someone around at the knob tonite with something to try and get the street stock fellers to come come down next week for the 500 show and promote on here for some more cars next week...
    by the way thanks for all your efforts...
    great show last nite .
    car counts are really picking up.
    wreckers,inspectors,staff all get an a+ rating

Quote Originally Posted by randy bohan View Post
    hey zero
    on a serious note
    why don't you send someone around at the knob tonite with something to try and get the street stock fellers to come come down next week for the 500 show and promote on here for some more cars next week...
    by the way thanks for all your efforts...
    great show last nite .
    car counts are really picking up.
    wreckers,inspectors,staff all get an a+ rating
    WELL...... there are alot of STREET STOCKERS from the Knob that would love to come to Elkins next week....... problem is, rules are different. Most Knob guys have their frames slighty modified by the front tires for tire clearance....... and Elkins does not alow that! SOOOOO....... until all tracks in the area get on board with the same set of rules, you are going to be stuck with the same old group of cars at each track....... NO MATTER WHAT THE RACE PAYS!!!!!!! (SUCKS!)

Quote Originally Posted by lightning2597 View Post
    Most Knob guys have their frames slighty modified by the front tires for tire clearance.....
    please clarify and secondly why the hell would that matter..
    you think that modifing the frame for tire clearance is the ISSUE?
    WAKE UP AND GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT before responding as such...rules state stock frame with stock mounting locations on all suspension parts with the exception of
    the shocks.the frame can be fabed from the center of the rear housing and back ONLY.....
    THAT RULES OUT CHASSIS CARS,JIG CARS OR WHATEVER YOU WISH TO REFER TO THEM AS
    NOW LET'S GET BACK TO PROMOTING A HELLAVA STREET SHOW FOR NEXT WEEK.
    I'LL DONATE 50 BUCKS TO THE 500
    ANY OTHER TAKERS??

No sarrr kasm here Randy ole pal.....just glad to oblige......

Junkyard cars at the Knob even have their frames altered for tire clearance...... BUDDY! They cut the Bump off of the frame behind the front tires and then plate it so that they can get more counter steer and such!!!!!! It is something that just kind of caught on and everyone is doing it! I GUESS THIS TRICK HAS NOT MADE IT TO ELKINS YET........ MAYBE THAT IS WHY EVERYTIME A KNOB CAR SHOWS UP THERE AND BROOMS THE FIELD...... THEY EITHER GET DISQUALIFIED OR A NEW RULE IS CREATED SO THAT THEY CAN NEVER COME BACK! (OR)...... MAYBE, THE KNOB CHARGERS (pure stocks) SHOULD JUST COME. Considering...... all the more competition that is in the Street Stocks at ELKINS....... I think they would do just fine!

OH............. and if you don't like this truth that is being spoke, why don't you bring your car to the KNOB! (They let you race there!)

I started to post about the rules Elkins has posted, they are not the "best" rules I've seen but you can get the feel for what they're trying to accomplish. "Don't come with UMP's with fenders installed?". Everyone in racing likes to take guns to knife fights. Alot of the "Street Stocks" that are out there racing came from "Pure Street" and are racing basically the same car with "e-mod" tires. By the rules on the website I really can't see much difference other than the tires?

BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by lightning2597 View Post
    Junkyard cars at the Knob even have their frames altered for tire clearance...... BUDDY! They cut the Bump off of the frame behind the front tires and then plate it so that they can get more counter steer and such!!!!!! It is something that just kind of caught on and everyone is doing it! I GUESS THIS TRICK HAS NOT MADE IT TO ELKINS YET........ MAYBE THAT IS WHY EVERYTIME A KNOB CAR SHOWS UP THERE AND BROOMS THE FIELD...... THEY EITHER GET DISQUALIFIED OR A NEW RULE IS CREATED SO THAT THEY CAN NEVER COME BACK! (OR)...... MAYBE, THE KNOB CHARGERS (pure stocks) SHOULD JUST COME. Considering...... all the more competition that is in the Street Stocks at ELKINS....... I think they would do just fine!

OH............. and if you don't like this truth that is being spoke, why don't you bring your car to the KNOB! (They let you race there!)
    if youin's are counter steering that much maybe youin's have missed the set up a bit.....if thats a trick ,maybe i should spend a couple grand so i can i can trick my ride to be that fast..i never said these fellas ain't fast. i just said "READ THE RULES AND BRING A CAR THAT MATCHES THAT RULE PACKAGE"...simple ... no new rules......
    as for bringing my car to the knob...
    why bring a legal car there to race against chassis car that are considerably faster?
    why race for 5th place and consider that a win
    read the rules and then tell everyone on this public forum the facts and save the bs for folks who know no better

hey let -er -eat there's quite a bit of difference actually.
    300 lb's less weight,direct couplers instead of flywheels and clutches,racing trans just like lates,and unlimited engines.. the only restriction being steel heads and block and no alcohol
    i still run a q-jet carb ,stock intake,10.5 clutch and a saginaw 3 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    I started to post about the rules Elkins has posted, they are not the "best" rules I've seen but you can get the feel for what they're trying to accomplish. "Don't come with UMP's with fenders installed?". Everyone in racing likes to take guns to knife fights. Alot of the "Street Stocks" that are out there racing came from "Pure Street" and are racing basically the same car with "e-mod" tires. By the rules on the website I really can't see much difference other than the tires?
    Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post

i think going to the knob tonight would be a waste. mainly because there wont be any racecars there.

Default Rules

As Per Roaring Knob: B. FRAMES - No fabricated frames, must be full factory or unibody. Full factory must be intact and not rusted out. You may plate
    repair a rusted out spot only, nothing more
    . If a unibodied frame is used it must be tied together with a 2" by 3" frame box, minimum
    .120 wall thickness, between existing front frame section and existing rear frame section

D. SUSPENSION - Must be stock OEM and in stock location, tubular aftermarket steel upper control arms may be used but must be
    in stock location. Shocks and springs must be stock OEM type and in stock location. NO after market cross members or control
    arms permitted. No panhard bars or additional bars or links may be added with the exception of the bar notation in rear end rule
    below

Rules per Elkins Raceway:

13. FRAME
    101” minimum wheelbase. Complete stock production frame required to center of rear axle. Frame rails may not be modified. Cross
    member may be modified for clearance only.
    Tubing frame replacement permitted behind center of rear axle. All frame tubing should
    be constructed of minimum 2” wide x 3” high square steel tubing, with .120” minimum material thickness. No holes may be cut in
    frame. All other chassis tubing should be 1 ½” to 1 Ύ” outside diameter and minimum .083” thickness.
    Unibody frames must have full snout and rear subframe to center of rear axle and should be connected by minimum 2” wide x 3” high
    steel rectangular tubing connector rails with .120” minimum wall thickness. Unibody connector rails must be connected to the back of
    the front snout and the front of the rear subframe. No holes may be cut in frame or connectors. Unibody frame may be shortened in
    the tub area, but complete front subframe and rear subframe to center of rear axle must remain stock.
    Car should have horizontal safety bar constructed from same steel tubing as frame, mounted behind fuel cell and securely welded to
    frame. Rear bumper should be at least 4” behind fuel cell. Center of rear bumper and safety bar should be at rear deck center height,
    approximately 19” from the ground and should be at least as wide as frame. Tubing should also extend downward to form a horizontal
    bar at the bottom height of the fuel cell, with additional vertical and diagonal tubing bracing the lower tubing to the rear bumper and the
    safety bar. Lower tubing should be at least as wide as fuel cell. No part of the fuel cell should be below the protective tubing. Any
    bumper that extends more than 8” from the rear of frame should be rounded and directed toward the front of car. Loop-style rear
    bumpers—OK. Bumper should not have any sharp edges. No external rub rails. All frame tubing should be constructed of minimum
    2” wide x 3” high square steel tubing, with .120” minimum material thickness. No holes may be cut in frame. All other chassis tubing
    should be 1 ½” to 1 Ύ” outside diameter and minimum .083” thickness

Seems like cars that are being dq'd at Elkins should be dq'd at Roaring Knob!! READ THE RULES

I KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE STILL NOT GOING TO UNDERSTAND!!! ITS IN BLACK AND WHITE BOYS!!

I was talking about the cars there racing Randy. The cars there racing mostly conform to the old hobby rules without the tires. They just changed tires so they could run. A rulebook coming out 3 weeks after the season starts is pretty subjective. The rules would allow for ALOT more creativity but the stock appearing and OEM wording is really finicky. As you well know, there is no "Real" link in those rules to even brand or OEM? A friend of mine asked if he could run a Mustang *old 4 cylinder car* with a Chevy engine in it and was told NO but the rules don't SAY NO? It speaks of OEM and "Stock Appearing" but doesn't specifically say Ford to Ford or Chevy to Chevy....Nova to Nova Chevelle to Chevelle........matching the frame used. It just says steel block and heads.........It would also help if the body diagram was actually a "STOCK APPEARING" car?

I'm a real stickler when it comes to rules anyway. I don't want someone to build a car "by the rules" with all the time and $ involved and then be told "OH, you can't run that just because its fast? My buddy just wanted to use a cheap junkyard engine he had and but in a car he had to be able to race.....No harm no foul though because the car is still setting in the WEEDS.........

I just like to race and really don't care what anyone else does to a certain extent. Like the 36 Street Stock..he's fast, outclasses the field when he shows, nearly outruns those jigbuilt "cheater" cars with stock appearace. I agree that the street stock field at the moment is not "stellar fast" for the rules available by any stretch of the imagination, but is real competitive for what it is. You could build a RHS headed 14*, Iron eagle tall deck/spread pan rail killer DRYSUMP engine with a Bert tranny ect by those rules. Is Johnny's little 355 with "Saturday Night Special" cam gonna compete? No...So why should Johnny expect to compete? He knows the rules allow more? Why should he raise hell cause he's getting outrun by money? Because that's LIFE!!!! I always like the "taking less and doing more" approach. But also to race one needs "Racing Equipment" Those stock rods, cranks, and pistons are only going to do so much and can lead to a far worse $$$$$$ situation. Let people build good stuff and be creative.

You have a nice car too Randy and it works well, and that it is MAIN thing. But I'm sure you have enough $ in it that it should run good. Quadrajets can be made to run too!! LOL....for the right $$$ anything can be worked up. A good consistent car that uses any engine at all will be there somewhere with a good driver. 5% of the racers will win 85% of all races no matter what the rules.

I just hate to see cars turned away. I would rather see tech "handicap" them someway, ie add weight or something so they can run. A racetrack is for racing not for sending racecars somewhere else......JMO.........I could talk about this subject for days. I just don't like to see rules being used inappropriately by the "TRACK" or by the "RACER." Rules should be just basic guidelines IMO.....then the track uses its discretion to police the competition. Fans don't like to see 15,000 and up powerplants against $50 junkyard stuff.

Look at the $ it takes to even build a decent anything engine in machine work alone? The winners circle isn't worth arguing and fighting about if you've got a mint in your equipment and you just beat Johnny with his $50 junk.

My buddy "OK" car just blew up his $50 junk motor couple weeks ago. Just out there having fun. If you know you can't compete don't complain!!!
    Last edited by let-r-eat; 06-05-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: additional
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

FYI= Rules have and had been in place before the season started. Posted on Elkinsraceway.net not too hard to find!!

Def. of rule=principle governing conduct: an authoritative principle set forth to guide behavior or action

If your going to stretch the rules why even have them??? Rules are made to keep the playing field as even as possible. The guy that races Elkins every week legal would and should be mad as He!! when his $500 race is won by a cheater car, that just come to Elkins for the big races. I would be proud as hell to win with a Modified in the Street stock class, are you kidding me? And as a fan, I dont want to watch someone win by over half a track or lapping the entire field! BORING.............zzzzzzz
    I could see if the infractions were minor and do not affect the handling of the car and were safety related. But these are not the case in any of the dq'd cars over the past few weeks.
    And I know for a fact that at least one modified was given the chance to race the car the way it was for the nights events but was asked to make changes before the next race...... But left anyway..........

You would want to race against a chassis car? Handicapped? Lets just let a sprint car run with the latemodels too!! AMAZING

If you cant play by the rules, dont play.

The rules were posted before the season? I beg to differ there. It stated 2010 rules. Then after the first $500 to win race they posted the rules as stated today........We are not talking about racing a sprint car against a late model..........We are talking about racing cars that were allowed to race in the class and have raced this season as well as past seasons. Example:

Last year your car was running street stock class...Car was just a stock type Monte Carlo with a cage..Not cut out, junk yeard shocks/springs ect....you ran good on local nights but when the special races came you were out to lunch...say that 99 car or 03 car from Ohio ect.....They came here raced and won and dominated the races. So local guy wants to build something that will compete. So he goes to work in his garage and works his ass off stripping frame modifying everything to be like 99 or 03 and spends $$ to compete. Comes out this season and starts season then track uses the new rules they posted to bar him from competing. That is the point I'm trying to make. There is NO guarantee that the track is going to DQ anyone from running anything? Anyone who has raced Elkins or anywhere for that matter for any length of time knows this........

For what its worth. The 99 and 03 and other cars that came to Elkins to race are not jig built cars......Really, they have done some homework on street stocks and built cars that there track allows them to run........The KNOB rules were just posted.????? DA
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

well well
    now we have generated some interest
    do we have any takers to add to the $550 purse?
    can we get some LEGAL cars to make the tow for for a north south shootout?
    we are probably outgunned ,but it would still be fun to have 5 or 6 show from up north and get this purse up to 700 or 800
    st 80 you are armed with facts....you will not get any response to facts
    let-r -eat, those motors aren't any good without suspension enhancements and tire packages.
    this class is about gettin a somewhat stock suspension and 8" tire to work in unison.
    a 350 hp motor will run with a 450 hp motor if the cars are the same suspension wise and have a balanced set up

No story to go with reslts???
    Last edited by Black Flag; 06-05-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    ****************************************Born on da bayou
    Don Hester is a racing God.