Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Anybody with anything from North GA?

Anything???????
    GO #L7, #66 & #11

Default Aaron is on the pole!!!!

Aaron Ridley, Derek Ellis, Gary Mac is all second hand from BK......20 cars and didnt start until after ten....the track was bad and they reworked it.......wahooo......give em hell team 81........

Thanks dee. Keep us updated.
    GO #L7, #66 & #11

Default no news!!!!!!!

i haven't heard anything...but just gonna say how awesome it is that ngs pulled more cars than the gap on a local show.....lol........the late start could keep us up all night...feature still isnt rolling........

Yea it was a big freakin joke I would elaborate more but it is 2 55 am Sunday morning AND I JUST GOT HOME more details tomorrow

Derek Ellis won super late model
    Jeff smith crate
    Spencer singleton limited

Track was slick and ruff. We left the track at 2:45. Really late night. Also had a bad wreck.

RW57, u did better than me getting home!! Haha. I will NOT bash the track, even though I had to run a more powerful class, " Mod Hobby" instead of MY class ( Econo ) even though the web site says we need 10 to have our own class!!! Yes the track did come apart, but not as bad as Rome last week & I thank the track for making every effort possible to repair it during each race....... More than I can say for others!!

Track come apart they packed it in and I seen more passing tonight in every class than I have seen in over a month of races else where.

Yes they did try to fix track I will give them that. Getting back to what you are talking about I know what web site said about the 10 cars to run econo but they had 8 they also had 8 modifed hobbys they should have been split into 2 classes . My son spent probaly 150 dollars of his hard earned money he is a college student working and going to school. All he wants too do is to have a chance too win. He along with the other econo cars had NO CHANCE . If there had been 3 or 4 cars I could understand but not 8. People get on here and say come support the track well the econo drivers did and the man let them down big time. With 8 cars he should have been A MAN ABOUT IT and ran ecno last nite and said we will not have econo any more FAIR ENOUGH that would have been the right thing to do. Several people including myself tried talking to the man he would not listen to anything any of us had to say. Now talking about car counts there were only 14 ponys there 8 of the modifed and 6 stock might have been the other way around but yet they were split into 2 classes .We tried to do our part not a one of the econo drivers I talked too said they would be back that is 8 cars and probaly 50 people gone I know we brought 7 people ourself that is 104 dollars from just one car if all 8 cars did that that is 832 dollars and some cars had 3 or 4 people just in the pits not counting people who came with them in the stands remember a pit pass is 22 dollars now they are going to open up the rules on tires alum wheels biscut pull bars 400 engines with out adding any weight so now the modifed drivers are at a big disadvantage heck if he wants it to be like Boyds so they should just rename it Southern Boyds Speedway that way you can have a South Boyds and a North Boyds. If people try and support you sometimes you just take it on the chin and go on the man showed his true colors last night. North Georgia is a great track great place to watch a race but until someone gets in that has the money to do it like it needs to be ran I am afraid it is doomed .
    Last edited by RW57; 06-05-2011 at 09:01 AM.

I'm not going to bash the track neither. They made a awesome effort to get the track ready. It was pretty smooth for features. I've seen some tracks that ruff and them not fix it! So good job North Ga.

Thumbs up

A special thanks to Richard Harvey from Boyd's for staying on the packer all night to keep the track together.
    ashes to ashes dust to dust life's too short so dirt race we must!

I think that would have been better RW57. I know we can't come & take a chance of running w/ the Mods again. Not fair to either class! Hopefully more will show

hey RW before you ever showed up to the track you knew that he said he would run econo if there were 10 cars there. not 5, not 7, not 9, or NOT EVEN 8. lol stop complaining or call your econo hobby friends to come so there will be 10 or more

10 cars is a lot to ask 1st nite out like I said 3 or 4 I understand but not 8 the man made enough to pay the econo purse from the econo cars that were there.We knew what the web site said but felt like if close to 10 showed the man would do the right thing and run the class , Everything we had read the man was a good guy and do the right thing But I guess not say what you want he was in the wrong with 8 cars not running them people stuck their neck out to help support the track and he did not appreciate that fact do not worry we will not be back. One thing I will say ther have been times that the car counts were low at Dixie and Rome but they always ran the classes. In closing I hope he can make it work but you do not do it by cutting peoples throat who are trying to help you make a go of it. By the way do you have a car or are you just a fan lot of difference in spending 150 vs 12 to get in stands.
    Last edited by RW57; 06-05-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford motorsports View Post
    I'm not going to bash the track neither. They made a awesome effort to get the track ready. It was pretty smooth for features. I've seen some tracks that ruff and them not fix it! So good job North Ga.
    you people would be bashing any other track for the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    10 cars is a lot to ask 1st nite out like I said 3 or 4 I understand but not 8 the man made enough to pay the econo purse from the econo cars that were there.We knew what the web site said but felt like if close to 10 showed the man would do the right thing and run the class , Everything we had read the man was a good guy and do the right thing But I guess not say what you want he was in the wrong with 8 cars not running them people stuck their neck out to help support the track and he did not appreciate that fact do not worry we will not be back. One thing I will say ther have been times that the car counts were low at Dixie and Rome but they always ran the classes. In closing I hope he can make it work but you do not do it by cutting peoples throat who are trying to help you make a go of it. By the way do you have a car or are you just a fan lot of difference in spending 150 vs 12 to get in stands.
    RW57, I'm sorry that you did not understand that "10" meant "10", not 8. I probably had at least 15 Econos contact me to say they would show up, but they didn't. I spoke with at least half of the ones that did show up, and they understood that the minimum (10) was not met. 2 out of the top 6 finishers were "Econos". I am aware that your car finished 10th...and hey, what if I would have scored you 12th...would that have been close enough? I greatly appreciate everyone that came to support the track, and I do apologize for the issues we had. And Sir, I wish you the best wherever you may choose to go, and I hope you continue to support, not criticize, the great sport of dirt track racing.

Mark Wooten

Your scorekeeper did not even have the car on the line up he ran third in the heat your scale man called the winner light I saw what he weighed as I was standing at the scales then they put a car he outran in front of him on 1st start I had to raise cain for them to put him in right spot then the car that was dq is allowed to go to the inside pole when I asked you about it you said they weighed him in wrong I told you my opinion on that 1st start caution another restart they put the dang car back in front of him again. I do not know which drivers you talked too but I did not talk to a one who was not unhappy about it some very graphic about it .They were really unhappy when they saw the deal with the ponys 14 cars 2 classes. I will state again I read the web site about the 10 cars but the fact remains 8 people came and stuck their necks out knowing full well that they might have to race modifed hobby but hoping to get 10 or if they got close they would run it anyway. Yes 2 of the top 6 were econo cars but they were 3/4 of a race track behind I know that was not too fun as I have been there myself if the race was ran caution free they would have been lapped. And sir I am not bashing the great sport of dirt track racing just stating an opinion on what went on Saturday nite hopefully you can make it work their it would be a shame for such a great track to go to waste good luck
    Last edited by RW57; 06-06-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    Your scorekeeper did not even have the car on the line up he ran third in the heat your scale man called the winner light I saw what he weighed as I was standing at the scales then they put a car he outran in front of him on 1st start I had to raise cain for them to put him in right spot then the car that was dq is allowed to go to the inside pole when I asked you about it you said they weighed him in wrong I told you my opinion on that 1st start caution another restart they put the dang car back in front of him again. I do not know which drivers you talked too but I did not talk to a one who was not unhappy about it some very graphic about it .They were really unhappy when they saw the sitation with the ponys 14 cars 2 classes.
    That was my car they DQ'ed because of the weight. They told my driver that he had to weigh 50 pounds MORE than what we had to. I pulled the NGS rules up on my cell phone and walked down and talked to Terry. He kept saying we had to weigh the 50 extra pounds until I showed him what the rules said. MY suggestion is someone print out all of the rules and keep them in a binder at the scale house. He did mention a rack to my driver to which my driver replied no, we didn't have one which could explain why he thought we had to add the 50 pounds. We do not have a rack on the car and he has made that mistake twice thus far, once Saturday and once last year at the Mod Hobby championship...

I also don't recall them saying anything about running 400's. They said open tires on the front, biscuit bars and aluminum wheels. Maybe I was talking when they said 400's though...

Thanks for clearing that up I am pretty someone asked and they said they would not have to carry more weight most every where else alum wheels have to carry more weight all the stuff they were talking about at other tracks calls for more weight I just think its a crappy deal for all you guys that run there regular to open up the rules without asking what you think about it racing is expensive enough and now by doing this it is just gonna cost you more money.
    Last edited by RW57; 06-06-2011 at 05:09 PM.