Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up
    You got it.

Thanks for clearing that up I am pretty someone asked and they said they would not have to carry more weight most every where else alum wheels have to carry more weight all the stuff they were talking about at other tracks calls for more weight I just think its a crappy deal for all you guys that run there regular to open up the rules without asking what you think about it racing is expensive enough and now by doing this it is just gonna cost you more money.
    It is what it is, ya know? We didn't do too bad at Boyd's against them 400's...just couldn't get the power to the ground.

Talking weight

Quote Originally Posted by merc123 View Post
    It is what it is, ya know? We didn't do too bad at Boyd's against them 400's...just couldn't get the power to the ground.
    hey mec yeah i made a mistake and the weight on your car says 2900 lbs too dont it ive told them all last year to put the correct weight on the car I CAN NOT READ MINDS ,WISH I COULD .
    race race race

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyracer39 View Post
    hey mec yeah i made a mistake and the weight on your car says 2900 lbs too dont it ive told them all last year to put the correct weight on the car I CAN NOT READ MINDS ,WISH I COULD .
    No hard feelings. You corrected the mistake which speaks loudly for your character. I'm working on the posted weight. Gotta figure out how to post weight for Boyds and NGS so it's not confusing.

That was my car they DQ'ed because of the weight. They told my driver that he had to weigh 50 pounds MORE than what we had to. I pulled the NGS rules up on my cell phone and walked down and talked to Terry. He kept saying we had to weigh the 50 extra pounds until I showed him what the rules said. MY suggestion is someone print out all of the rules and keep them in a binder at the scale house. He did mention a rack to my driver to which my driver replied no, we didn't have one which could explain why he thought we had to add the 50 pounds. We do not have a rack on the car and he has made that mistake twice thus far, once Saturday and once last year at the Mod Hobby championship...
    How did you pull the rules up, I can't even pull the MOD HOBBY rules up on my lap top????

Quote Originally Posted by #444DIRTFAN View Post
    How did you pull the rules up, I can't even pull the MOD HOBBY rules up on my lap top????
    I have the link to the actual rules on my phone.

But you can go here: http://www.northgaspeedway.net/rules/

They were not there I could not pull them up sun possibly where they are making the changes

They were not there I could not pull them up sun possibly where they are making the changes

Here's the mod hobby ones...dunno when they're making changes:
    http://www.northgaspeedway.net/rules...obby_rules.pdf

no hard feelings. You corrected the mistake which speaks loudly for your character. I'm working on the posted weight. Gotta figure out how to post weight for boyds and ngs so it's not confusing.
    boyds stickers are totally diff than any others,ALSO ON THE RIGHT OF CAR A PILLAR
    race race race

Just started racing there, didn't know that. Guess the problem is solved.

thank you mark wooten for doing a great job at fixing the track for what everybody came to see. the super late models. i hope that it is as good as that for the weeks to come, great racing everywhere after the packer came out. too bad they called a caution that was caused by a non driver in our feature

Quote Originally Posted by badacefaist19 View Post
    thank you mark wooten for doing a great job at fixing the track for what everybody came to see. the super late models. i hope that it is as good as that for the weeks to come, great racing everywhere after the packer came out. too bad they called a caution that was caused by a non driver in our feature
    well said they track wound up just right.

Come on Wooten! Get that Ray Cook Race to stay on!

Default Crybabbies

Your scorekeeper did not even have the car on the line up he ran third in the heat your scale man called the winner light I saw what he weighed as I was standing at the scales then they put a car he outran in front of him on 1st start I had to raise cain for them to put him in right spot then the car that was dq is allowed to go to the inside pole when I asked you about it you said they weighed him in wrong I told you my opinion on that 1st start caution another restart they put the dang car back in front of him again. I do not know which drivers you talked too but I did not talk to a one who was not unhappy about it some very graphic about it .They were really unhappy when they saw the deal with the ponys 14 cars 2 classes. I will state again I read the web site about the 10 cars but the fact remains 8 people came and stuck their necks out knowing full well that they might have to race modifed hobby but hoping to get 10 or if they got close they would run it anyway. Yes 2 of the top 6 were econo cars but they were 3/4 of a race track behind I know that was not too fun as I have been there myself if the race was ran caution free they would have been lapped. And sir I am not bashing the great sport of dirt track racing just stating an opinion on what went on Saturday nite hopefully you can make it work their it would be a shame for such a great track to go to waste good luck
    Rw57 is just a crybabby. Why is it that the wieners always run in the back? He wants this new promoter [IN A BAD ECONOMY NO LESS] to bend the 10 car rule so his son can run closer to the front. Then they are opening the rules in hopes of attracting more cars and complains about that.How do you make this guy happy? i guess you don't. maybe he can call obama and get a resolution to the unfairnes going on at NGS.

Trying to run an econo motor against a modifed motor is like running a crate against a super late model motor no chance esp when you have to weigh the same as the modifed cars. I guess we will see this week if any econo cars show up which I think is highly unlikely that means if the same 8 modifed cars show up there will only be 8 cars in that class does that mean they will have to race crate. My whole point is this 8 econo cars showed up knowing that they might have to race modifed but hoping that if they got close they might be allowed to race we were told before they needed at least 6 cars to pay the purse the first time econo was allowed to have their own race. If the 8 econo brought the same amout of people as we did 2 in pits 5 in stands that is 104 dollars times 8 equals 832 dollars most brought more esp in pits I would not be afraid to say those cars brought in 1100 to 1200 dollars more than enough to pay the purse and and make some money. Ok car count was not a problem people in stands was and has always been the problem now if each car put 5 people in stands that is 40 people that will not be back 40 times 12 equals 480 dollars plus what they spent at concession stand can they afford to lose 40 people in stands I do not think so there would have been more cars this week because of the 8 that took a chance say what you want about me I DO NOT CARE I hope NGA makes it but things like this do not help get it off too a good start There were enough cars there to run 2 hobby classes Oh by the way my son finished 4th the nite econo had there own class in contention all nite long not a lap behind like the other nite how much fun do you think that was for a 21 year old with maybe 20 races under his belt???????

Do you need a crying towel? Stay at home and you won't have worry about it.

If you have such a great econo go to Dixie if you don't want to run with mod. hobby. When you compared crate to super lates you showed your ignorance of racing. if you really want to race there bring 2 more cars. You talk about the fans in the stands, memo to you, they don.t want to pay $12. to see a bunch of classes with 8 cars in it. I'm glad your not the promoter.

Mod hobby vs. econo hobby rules. This is the "stock" rules...not the 2900 rules for the mod hobby.

It is going to go Mod Hobby then Econo comparison...like this:

Mod...Econo
    Weight: 2800...2900
    Body: Aluminum or Steel...Alum or Steel
    Spoiler: 8"...8"
    Frame: 2x2...2x2... both allowed optional Howe clip
    Rack: +50lbs...+50lbs
    Wheels: 12" steel...12" steel

Engines:

Setback: in line w/ 1" tolerance...in line w/ 1" tolerance
    Block: max 4.060 bore, std stroke...max 4.060, std stroke
    Surface Deck?: Yes...Yes
    Lift Bore: OEM for make...OEM for make
    Cranks: Any OEM or S/R cast or steel....Any OEM or S/R cast....
    Rods: 6"...5.7" (or stock length for make)
    Pins: Floating...Not floating
    Piston: Any flat...4 eyebrow only
    Cam: Any....425 max lift
    Heads: OEM production, Vortec or World Products...OEM production or World Products
    Valves: 1.94...1.94
    Clutch: Stock...Stock
    Intake: Any single plane...Any single plane
    Carb: Single line 600...Single line 600.

What if the econo was 2800#? Would it still be competitive? What if they were 2700#?

How much more HP (torque?) is a Vortec head, 6" rod, any flat top piston, floating wrist pins, steel crank going to add to a A-hobby over a B-hobby?
    Last edited by merc123; 06-09-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Ok Travis now how many Mods run the stock mod rules? I dnt think many of them do. And i dnt really think the less weight on the econos will help when they still have to run the 600 carb. As you know most mods run the big valves and 6 inch rods with the 750 carb. And the guys in mod hobby even said them selfs that when the two classes are not ran together is is better racing and less cars getting messed up in wrecks. And in the long run it is all around better racing for the fans. And i know the wrecks are great for the fans to see but you also know as i do that when its our cars that get mssed up in any wreck it is not the fan that has to pay for it to be fixed. I just think it would be better all around for all of the drivers and their pockets if mod and econo hobby were run in different classes. Just my op......

Quote Originally Posted by dirt racer 15 View Post
    If you have such a great econo go to Dixie if you don't want to run with mod. hobby. When you compared crate to super lates you showed your ignorance of racing. if you really want to race there bring 2 more cars. You talk about the fans in the stands, memo to you, they don.t want to pay $12. to see a bunch of classes with 8 cars in it. I'm glad your not the promoter.
    Now lets see here... Dirt racer 15 if youre car is such a great mod hobby why do you want to keep cars with less motor in youre class? Maybe you need to do that to have sum cars in youre class that you can out run because you dnt have enough car to out run any of the mob hobbies in youre class........ And for you to tell somebody to go to Dixie maybe you should go down to Dixie and see how you fair down there youreself before you tell somebody to go. I mean it just sounds to me that this guy just wants to run on a fair level. And what he should have said is if they want to treat one class one way they should do all classes the same. Like if mods dnt have ten cars then they should move up to the next class that night to run. And same with limited car if ya dnt have ten then move up that night to the next class and run that nite. What is fair for one class should be fair for all the classes that run. But you shouldnt cut someone down or any young kid for gettn out there and tring this sport. I am sure that you didnt start out on the top when you started racing that is if you even race or have a car. So how about tring to help out the sport and not try to put it down or anybody in this sport................