Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am done talking about this thank you Chevy boy at least some people in this world have some sense talking about ignorant people all we want is a level playing field how would they like it if they were in our shoes I was racing before most of these people posting were probably born so I ain"t that ignorant unlike some people come on down to Dixie and get you some.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyboy View Post
    Ok Travis now how many Mods run the stock mod rules? I dnt think many of them do. And i dnt really think the less weight on the econos will help when they still have to run the 600 carb. As you know most mods run the big valves and 6 inch rods with the 750 carb. And the guys in mod hobby even said them selfs that when the two classes are not ran together is is better racing and less cars getting messed up in wrecks. And in the long run it is all around better racing for the fans. And i know the wrecks are great for the fans to see but you also know as i do that when its our cars that get mssed up in any wreck it is not the fan that has to pay for it to be fixed. I just think it would be better all around for all of the drivers and their pockets if mod and econo hobby were run in different classes. Just my op......

I was just trying to see how it could be made fair if they won't make them split up. From my experience watching a motor on a dyno...the difference between the 750 and 600 was only like 5 HP.

Guys, here is the bottom line: North Georgia Speedway does NOT "oficially" offer an Econo Hobby class. It was not established at the beginning of the season, and there is no points system in place for that particular class. The previous promoter made a stipulation to allow Econos to race. Out of courtesy, we tried to continue that process. That stipulation was, we have no specific class established for Econos, but if you bring 10 cars, we will make a separate class. That's as "fair" as we can possibly get. Maybe it was my mistake by offering that opportunity, but I did try. If it becomes such a hassle, then we will simply refer to the basic rules, and you can read what our one and only Hobby class states.
    Sorry for all the confusion.
    Lesson learned.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Well stated Mr Wooten I wish you and NGA the best of luck you did what you had to do stuck to your guns and I admire you for that maybe in the future you can reinstate the econo class and if you do we will probably return again I wish you and the track well.

It is just not the carb the big motors have forged lite wgt pistons solid lifters much better heads triple disc clutches I would not be going out too far on a limb I do not think saying most of the big motors are turning close to 8 grand at the end of the straights an ecno motor struggles to get to 6500 and you are killing it to get there due to smog heads 425 lift hyd cam stock rockers it is a good thought to try to figure out how to make them equal but I do not think it can not be done.

Mark you are the man. I hope everything goes well this weekend and for the rest of the year. Thank you for keeping mine and garacefan11's favorite track open

Quote Originally Posted by All Revved Up View Post
    Guys, here is the bottom line: North Georgia Speedway does NOT "oficially" offer an Econo Hobby class. It was not established at the beginning of the season, and there is no points system in place for that particular class. The previous promoter made a stipulation to allow Econos to race. Out of courtesy, we tried to continue that process. That stipulation was, we have no specific class established for Econos, but if you bring 10 cars, we will make a separate class. That's as "fair" as we can possibly get. Maybe it was my mistake by offering that opportunity, but I did try. If it becomes such a hassle, then we will simply refer to the basic rules, and you can read what our one and only Hobby class states.
    Sorry for all the confusion.
    Lesson learned.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Well since you opened the bag of worms by mentioning the previous promoter, he said," If you get 10 cars to show up for this race I will bring the class back" and the required number was meet. only to be dumped ...... it was not mentioned that the class had to have 10 cars each week, if that was the case then the Mod Hobby's wouldn't of raced this past week. Are you saying that it takes 10 cars to make a class, or division? if that is the case then the Mod Hobby cars were lacking .. as were the pony's in both stock pony and the mod pony.... if you want to cut the Econo class from the schedule thats fine give them some kind of incentive to show up. like a weight break or some other way to make them come back. because who would want to race in a race where your under powered and don't really stand a chance of winning?
    I understand what your going thru with taking over the track but Econo was a regular class at NGS last year, and it was assumed that it would be again since nothing was said different... but no it was passed over, so it makes the econo class look like the red headed step child....
    Now if you want to give the Econo guys a break so they will be competitive i am sure they would be happy to come back and support the track.
    but if you want to make them out to be the proverbial red headed step child ........ well. you may have to rely on the cars from Boyd's to make up the field..
    But as I see ity, if you put a 10 car min. on one class you should do it on all classes or you look like your against one particular class.

the dr.
    If they are going to outlaw a plant, shouldn't it be poison ivy??????
    http://topofthebox.wordpress.com/
    the dr........ Not following directions since 1959!

Default worms

are the worms out of the can yet ?
    race race race

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyracer39 View Post
    are the worms out of the can yet ?
    Not yet..but the lid ain't on real tight......

the dr.

My point I have been trying to make all along but not as well as the DR .Thank you we were told by the previous promoter if more than 10 showed the class would be reinstated for the year we had 11 then all the changes took place.

the whole problem is these two words: previous promoter

cant see why there is such a big uproar over a class the track does not have.

The guy gave the econo drivers a chance, they didnt come thru, end of discussion.

RW57... since you go to Dixie try the same thing with Mickey Swims and see how fast you are told to hit the road.
    Last edited by RacedudeGa; 06-11-2011 at 09:35 AM.

All you racers need to come check out Little River Speedway , I hear all the time you guys having 15 cars in hobby and econo bomber. You guys bring me 15 of either and ill pay 500 to win every Saturday night. Oh yea $5 stands and $20 dollar pits.
    Wren Goodman

It's raining in Chatsworth. I think it may clear out. Does anyone have mark wooten phone number. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ford motorsports View Post
    It's raining in Chatsworth. I think it may clear out. Does anyone have mark wooten phone number. Thanks
    i just called. the racing is still on. come on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford motorsports View Post
    706 695 3313 track phone

Races have been called at NGS for tonight....

the dr.

Quote Originally Posted by wrengoodman114 View Post
    All you racers need to come check out Little River Speedway , I hear all the time you guys having 15 cars in hobby and econo bomber. You guys bring me 15 of either and ill pay 500 to win every Saturday night. Oh yea $5 stands and $20 dollar pits.
    Wren Goodman
    Are you kidding me? Track retains 50% of protest fees? If you keep 50% ya'll better be the ones tearing it down for me... Not to mention your super street rules are significantly different than NGS as far as engines...and 2 hours from NGS.

Default hobby cars

I have sit and thought about it. We race mod hobby and i see the point from both sides. I also see from mark side of it too. I look at it this way the track needs some help at this point. You have to think back in the day b-hobby or Econos was all they had. This is where it all started. You have new young drivers that dont have the fundings for big motors and stuff, but they can go to a junk yard and build a car pretty cheap. Im thinking the same way some other people are. If there is six or ten cars they allways bring a ton of fans, Which come in the pits and stands and you no they are going to buy food which =$$$$. All you would have to do is say hey we have eight cars or whatever. We are going to make it $150 to win then on back. No heat races just hot laps then feature. I think it would not hurt a thing to do this. You could also call a big race in a month from now just for this class and see how many would come then try to keep them coming back. I also dont like the weight thing for mod hobby, 100lb for this 50lb for that. Lets just make it 2700lb across the board and there is no cheating because someone has a rack or clutch or valves or whatever. That means more cars will come and fans which =$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY BULLET View Post
    I have sit and thought about it. We race mod hobby and i see the point from both sides. I also see from mark side of it too. I look at it this way the track needs some help at this point. You have to think back in the day b-hobby or Econos was all they had. This is where it all started. You have new young drivers that dont have the fundings for big motors and stuff, but they can go to a junk yard and build a car pretty cheap. Im thinking the same way some other people are. If there is six or ten cars they allways bring a ton of fans, Which come in the pits and stands and you no they are going to buy food which =$$$$. All you would have to do is say hey we have eight cars or whatever. We are going to make it $150 to win then on back. No heat races just hot laps then feature. I think it would not hurt a thing to do this. You could also call a big race in a month from now just for this class and see how many would come then try to keep them coming back. I also dont like the weight thing for mod hobby, 100lb for this 50lb for that. Lets just make it 2700lb across the board and there is no cheating because someone has a rack or clutch or valves or whatever. That means more cars will come and fans which =$$$$.
    this is the best post on here last year the b hobbys and econos ran with each other the b hobbys have a liittle more motor but the econos way about 400lbs less have 3 links and quick changes it all equaled out plus as stated above you bring in alot more than you payout i think the new guy only cares about late models i wish them luck but i wont be at ngs with no lower class

Quote Originally Posted by security one View Post
    this is the best post on here last year the b hobbys and econos ran with each other the b hobbys have a liittle more motor but the econos way about 400lbs less have 3 links and quick changes it all equaled out plus as stated above you bring in alot more than you payout i think the new guy only cares about late models i wish them luck but i wont be at ngs with no lower class
    Now these last two post make alot of scense. We all have to start some where and we all cant find the big sponsors and the big money to start in a late model. And none of the econo or b hobby guys have an problem running in the same class. Last year we had some good racing with this same class. And it bad when alot of these same guys have been going to NGS for 2 or more years to suport the track and all the different promoters that have opened it. And now its like we are getting put out. And it seems that NGS should be tring to keep the cars they have now and get more to come instead of cutting classes and running cars off to other tracks. So why not suport the guys that have always suported the track? And i know this post will get some folks that have crapp to say about it and the lower classes dnt matter. But maybe they should look at this this way( Less classes to watch race on sat nites but you still pay the same price to get in for a less of a show) . So post all the crap you want about the lower classes and the drivers in them classes. But all we ask for is to be able to do what we love and to be able to do it our best local track. But i will say again great post Bobby and Security one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!