Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Florence Speedway - Lucas Oil Latemodel thoughts

No need for a rundown tonight..just a few thoughts

First, I don't understand why you get your spot back when you cause an accident and stop on the track on the start in the Lucas Oil series. Case-in-point..Lanigan. Spun out in front of the entire field on the start and gets his spot back along with all the others that stopped on the track. I just don't like this rule.

Greg Johnson looked great in the 30 ride tonight until the car was destroyed in the feature. That thing was used up.

The final thought I have is on Bloomquist. When I was a kid, I had favorite drivers and as an adult, I still have drivers I like, but the one thing I love to see more than anything is seeing Bloomers start on the front row and get passed by as many drivers that are able to get around him. Bloomers has always been a pretty clean driver and certainly one of the best ever, but I just love watching him get passed and that's what happened tonight. He got beat and I loved watching all of the action.

Florence did a great job preparing the track, the action was fast, and the quality of cars was just awesome. Great show as always!

Ted Bell
    Last edited by Ted's of Beverly Hills; 06-04-2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: forgot something

Too much aggressive driving causing wrecks. Haven't see that type of driving there in ages. I did enjoy Bloomie getting used up. He hasn't won at Florence in a while. He always starts up front, but manages to get beat. Did they get to finish the race? i left on lap 36 when they had yet another big pileup and rain was starting to fall

I wasn't all that impressed with the racing myself. I am a pretty big Florence homer, but left a little let down tonight. I think the weak Lucas format is mostly to blame. Might as well qualify 'em and start a feature.

The mod race was excellent though.

Yes they finished the race a lot of folks left, it sprinkled a while longer not enough to hurt anything and was good show, Owens got around O'Neal once then a caution came out with 4 laps to go ...Owen's tires just couldn't heat up enough I don't think for him to catch him again but it was good show.

have to agree with the statement about Bloomquist, would like to see a some pictures of the car after the accident that took him out.

About aggressive driving, I for one hope this is not a trend starting but I have a feeling with the traveling and cost of these guys running they have to go for broke on every race now since money is tight when it comes as the fuel budget ....
    A member from back in the day....

i agree with you ted, ive been a diehard fan of Don O'Neal, Rick Aukland, Jack and Jackie Boggs for years now and i do have my favorite drivers and i really love seeing bloomquist getting passed by the top 5 cars then pulling off which transferred the lucas point lead to jimmy owens. lol. good racing tonight and thumbs up to the track crew, lucas oil and the fans that supported this awesome race tonight! Good Job Florence Speedway!
    Last edited by TheRealDeal71; 06-05-2011 at 04:44 AM.

One final thought. The track was in great shape. Florence did their part. Actually the racing was good when they weren't wrecking. Real good. Just like the Real Deal.

I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with the Lucas bunch either. I really don't like the group qualifying because it makes it almost impossible to figure out who everybody is if you're not fimilar with all the cars and with three cars on the track at one time you can't really see who is turning a good lap.

The deal after the Bloomquist accident was really what got me though. They absolutely did not want to restart the race after he wrecked out. You could tell they were waiting for rain. The racing itself was unlike anything I had seen at Florence in a long time. Alot of over agressive drivers and torn up cars.

All in all, glad to see O'neal win it. He and Owens put on a heck of a show at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    I wasn't all that impressed with the racing myself. I am a pretty big Florence homer, but left a little let down tonight. I think the weak Lucas format is mostly to blame. Might as well qualify 'em and start a feature.

The mod race was excellent though.
    The LM feature was ok. It would've been better if Owens got a last lap pass for the win. The last caution for the car stopping on the track ruined the finish. I hate when cars stop on the track to bring out the caution and then drive away. They should be kicked out of the race and receive no points or money for the race. I don't know why everyone left before the end of the LM feature though. Only a few drops of rain, a little wind and lightning off in the distance. Now a couple of miles away from the track on the way home we saw lots of puddles everywhere. The rain just missed the track. The modified race made it a good night of racing.
    Last edited by Gary; 06-05-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The LM feature was ok. It would've been better if Owens got a last lap pass for the win. I don't know why everyone left before the end of the LM feature though. Only a few drops of rain, a little wind and lightning off in the distance. Now a couple of miles away from the track on the way home we saw lots of puddles everywhere. The rain just missed the track. The modified race made it a good night of racing.
    if no lap was completed then the race has not started, so they try again

This was my first trip to florence and i wasnt dissapointed You all ought to be happy to have such a great place to watch a race at That is prolly the best racin ive seen this year We will definately b back for the north south Also kentucky is a beautiful state we cant wait to come back

Talking

I think oneal is a dirty racer on the start he go's into turn1-2 and blasted lannigan and starts a crash. on restarts he chops off the corner and jams up the inside line i would have wanted to see any one else win but him.I thought it was nice befor the feature for young tyler red!ck to stand at the edge of the pits with blomquist and tell blomquist how to race but unfortunately blomquist still crashed himself and others.is it just me but does blomquist look like tylers grampa ? tyler looks like blomquists mini me

What race were you watching? Dale McDowell ran completely over Bloomquist. Scott James nearly put Bloomquist in fence earlier in the race as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penni Tration View Post
    I think oneal is a dirty racer on the start he go's into turn1-2 and blasted lannigan and starts a crash. on restarts he chops off the corner and jams up the inside line i would have wanted to see any one else win but him.I thought it was nice befor the feature for young tyler red!ck to stand at the edge of the pits with blomquist and tell blomquist how to race but unfortunately blomquist still crashed himself and others.is it just me but does blomquist look like tylers grampa ? tyler looks like blomquists mini me

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 32racer View Post
    What race were you watching? Dale McDowell ran completely over Bloomquist. Scott James nearly put Bloomquist in fence earlier in the race as well.
    well then thank you dale mcdowell and maybe next time for scott james and didn't blomquist stuff bub mccool going into turn one.karma sucks

It's obvious you have a hatred for Bloomquist and that's cool, everyone has a right to root for any driver they like. Your post said that Bloomquist crashed himself, if you were watching you would have seen McDowell ran completely over Bloomquist's left front.
    well then thank you dale mcdowell and maybe next time for scott james and didn't blomquist stuff bub mccool going into turn one.karma sucks

the race was decent in my book, im just not a fan of the Lucas Oil stuff. For the people here who made the trip to florence for the first time and left impressed you should really make the trip back for a regular show, they are 100x's better imo then the big races.

Default littleman

mcdowell still owes bloomer 2 or 3 more

Ok so ive watched the video on Dirt On Dirt, and O'Neal NEVER TOUCHED Lanigan..he was a good four or five car lengths behind O'Neal. So tell he how O'neal caused any of that?
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

I think it was a great night of racing,sad to see the 41 of Josh McGuire have such bad luck after starteing 14th and going to 5th in 17 laps he was hauling it till the caution and looked like it just died on him.The open wheel was one hellua show,the 11 was strong but I think that 71 car was class of the feild had he not started so far back I think he could have won it.All in all it was well worth the 4hour drive.Oh BTW I think the lucas boys were hopeing it would rain during the caution so the 0 would be listed in 4TH but when a bunch of fans stood up and were shouting the flagman looked up in the tower and pointed at them like (it's your call not mine),there was no reason for letting them run that many laps under caution.This was my 2nd trip to florence and I will be back. Thanks Florence for a great place to watch a race and the rest rooms are 2nd to none.

Default very well said

Quote Originally Posted by Rollover View Post
    the race was decent in my book, im just not a fan of the Lucas Oil stuff. For the people here who made the trip to florence for the first time and left impressed you should really make the trip back for a regular show, they are 100x's better imo then the big races.
    very well said. the regular shows at Florence make the year. The Lucas shows are good, but the regular shows are excellent on a weekly basis. Great car counts every week and a good quality of cars. Florence is the best track in the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted's of Beverly Hills View Post
    very well said. the regular shows at Florence make the year. The Lucas shows are good, but the regular shows are excellent on a weekly basis. Great car counts every week and a good quality of cars. Florence is the best track in the Midwest
    Glad to see Jerry Rice do well. Jamison over drives the hell out of his car. I think this is the reason no one wants him for a big time ride, he is to rough on equipment. JMO.