Default bump steer on a mod

Its our 1st time to bump steer check. What are some good settings for a mod? I read in the late model section it needed to be .15 per inch out, is that good for a mod also?

Quote Originally Posted by washeduptoo View Post
    Its our 1st time to bump steer check. What are some good settings for a mod? I read in the late model section it needed to be .15 per inch out, is that good for a mod also?
    i think .10 is closer to what most guys are setting it at. i can guess why, but my brain isnt working properly this morning lol.

Thanks and that is .10 per inch of travel or total travel? Thanks again.

bump steer is usually measured in inches of wheel travel. three inches up and on inch down on the right front and 3 inches down and 1 inch up on the lf should be plenty. make sure to take notes as you hit each inch on both sides.

Thanks, got the lf at .068 and the rf .092 going to try that and go from there. Thanks again.

Not meaning to hijack this thread but could someone explain what bump steer is and what effects it has on the car. New to mods this year and haven't had anybody explain this one to me yet..Thanks!

To me, its the toe out, toe in of the tire as it travels thru its range. You can adjust it by the length of spacer on the outer tie rod on a mod. It appears on our mod it made the front end a little tighter if I got it right. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.