Thread: Driving Shoes?

Default Driving Shoes?

Anyone have any opinions on driving shoes? Looking for a brand that fits and feels like a regular tennis shoe. Some I have had in the past fit like a piece of cardbaord was under your foot and weren't very flexible.
    JD's Performance
    13034 Hwy 99
    Wapello, IA 52653
    319-931-0677

I have the Bell Vision shoes, they fit well and are very comfortable. I had the SimpsonHTX before, they were also a good shoe, but I believe that I like the heel and soul of the Bell a little better.

They are just wrestling shoes. You may find some that are better and or cheaper.

I second the Bell Visions. I love the 2 sets that I have.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

Quote Originally Posted by Graff Spee View Post
    They are just wrestling shoes. You may find some that are better and or cheaper.
    Well wrestling shoes aren't SFI rated, and some places check that, so you may not want to go that route.

Ended up getting a set of G-Force shoes.
    JD's Performance
    13034 Hwy 99
    Wapello, IA 52653
    319-931-0677

Wrestling shoes are usually made out of nylon and cotton. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be too flame retardant...............

Quote Originally Posted by slideiton View Post
    Well wrestling shoes aren't SFI rated, and some places check that, so you may not want to go that route.

a leather reebok or nike is what im thinkin!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    a leather reebok or nike is what im thinkin!
    Not far off....that is what I have pretty much used all my life. I did try racing shoes once before, but it was several years ago and I hated them. Racing rules back then just recomended them but now they are required.
    JD's Performance
    13034 Hwy 99
    Wapello, IA 52653
    319-931-0677

G force seem to have the best sole for being like a regular shoe. Walking around in some of the cheaper rci, type race shoes are like wrestling shoes and will kill your feet if youve got much age on them... thats age on your feet, mine are nearly 40 and Im particular about my shoes these days.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    G force seem to have the best sole for being like a regular shoe. Walking around in some of the cheaper rci, type race shoes are like wrestling shoes and will kill your feet if youve got much age on them... thats age on your feet, mine are nearly 40 and Im particular about my shoes these days.
    I hear ya SCD! I just happened to see that my Daughter is wearing nice leather racing style shoes that have regular soles and are better built than my old Simpsons! They are just high line wrestling shoes! Im tellin you! ;-) Yup, no SFI.

No, she is not a wrestler! LOL ( I was forced to add that)

I have the G-forces. Don't be like the guy that wears crocs

Nike makes or did make a driving shoe. They have more padding and support than any driving shoe I have ever tried on. I think I got them from Day Motor Sports for like $100

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    The ones I tried before....if you stepped on a pebble....felt like someone drove a nail through your foot. A couple of other drivers told me they had the G-Force shoes and really liked them....so that's what I bought.
    JD's Performance
    13034 Hwy 99
    Wapello, IA 52653
    319-931-0677