Default Dream 100 thoughts and Don O'Neil Wins!

The racing tonight in the heats and consys was not too bad. The track was very heavy at the start of the heats and even when the track started to take rubber, there still wasn't alot of passing. The speeds were fast and drivers were doing everything they could to try and make the show, which made things exciting. Not too many guys ran over each other to try and make passes, so I would say the racing was pretty clean with a few exceptions

I've been watching Don O'neil drive for more than 20 years and tonight was simply his night. I never would have picked him to win the feature and if it wasn't for O'neil there would have been no passing and the feature would have been kind of a stinker. He started 12th in the feature and started picking cars off lap after lap. For some reason or another he was able to pass low when no one else was. It was so exciting watching O'neil pass all of those cars and knowing if the race stayed green he was going to have a real chance to win

The race was slowed by one caution flag, which gave O'neil the momentum he needed to pass cars. With 15 laps to go, he passed Moyer and never looked back. There were a few tense moments a O'neil bounced the car off of the wall. At one point, coming off of turn two, he got a little to close to the wall with about five laps to go. I couldn't believe that he was going to lose the race that way, but somehow saved the car.

He's been so close many times. O'neil has had cars break, he's been passed by other cars, and he's been passed on the last lap, but tonight made up for all of that. O'neil showed tonight how great a driver he can be with the right setup.

Great feature

Ted Bell

His name is spelled O'Neal. I don't know that I would say that the track took any rubber. It got some black on it. But don't think I would say it took any rubber. But yes if not for Don O'Neal the race would have been very boring.
    Last edited by BUZZSAW; 06-12-2011 at 03:25 AM.

I don't understand if Neat didn't make the call because of issues with his ride, where was Chub Frank. He should've been the first alternate right????
    THE TROUBLE OF ALL MAKERS!

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by BUZZSAW View Post
    His name is spelled O'Neal. I don't know that I would say that the track took any rubber. It got some black on it. But don't think I would say it took any rubber. But yes if not for Don O'Neal the race would have been very boring.

LOL. I spelled the name right in the header! lol...i should get credit for that lol

Default no alternates

Quote Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
    I don't understand if Neat didn't make the call because of issues with his ride, where was Chub Frank. He should've been the first alternate right????
    they stated right before the feature that they don't honor alternates. Just a policy they have.

I thought Owens was passing cars before his spin??? Is that not considered passing?
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Brian Shirley did some passing too.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Brian Shirley did some passing too.
    Maybe what they meant was the cars they like couldn't pass anybody... LOL
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Quote Originally Posted by F22 RAPTOR View Post
    I thought Owens was passing cars before his spin??? Is that not considered passing?
    That was my first thought also. I mean hell Jimmy Had passed the most cars up untill that point. I mean if wasn't in the top 5 at that point was was really close to it. i know for sure he was in the top 8.

I wish he would have gone into the pits to get some new tires after he spun. I think those tires were used up or sealed over. He never went anywhere after the restart.