Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Envy Suspension!

Just wanted to express my extreme pleasure with my Afco M-2 shocks I just got back from Kirk at Envy. I had no idea what a difference getting my shocks done would make. I wish I had done it a year ago. I only have one race under them but I feel the $ was well spent. The race didn't end well (got into someone else's wreck) but we were coming. Best I've ever felt in a late model for sure. Thanks Kirk, look forward to working with you more in the future. John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by jrkracing54 View Post
    Just wanted to express my extreme pleasure with my Afco M-2 shocks I just got back from Kirk at Envy. I had no idea what a difference getting my shocks done would make. I wish I had done it a year ago. I only have one race under them but I feel the $ was well spent. The race didn't end well (got into someone else's wreck) but we were coming. Best I've ever felt in a late model for sure. Thanks Kirk, look forward to working with you more in the future. John 1*
    What kind of difference did you notice ?

Just curious. I'm running on 10 year old afco's that haven't been touched since they left the factory, lol

like mine better than my gold ones

The main thing I noticed was the car turned so much better. Kirk put alot more rebound in the right front which helps the car turn. I didn't realize how much I was lacking. He also gave me an idiot proof tuning guide. I'm not a shock genius. I'm learning, but while I'm learning this should make it easier. The over all grip level seemed to be better also. The car had better traction off the corner where I had been struggling. This may have to do with the fact that the car steered better through the corner and I was able to stay in the groove.
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

You can get him to answer your calls? Good for you.

yep hes hard to get on the phone! i order some shocks week ago and ive been calling to get some info in when they will get here but no answer... its all good. im patience....

Definately hard to get in touch with sometimes, had him do a set of asphalt shocks for a customer of mine. Longer than expected turnaround time but night and day better when we got them back.

I have Kirk's shocks and all I can say is they work. Sure makes things easier when the car is consistantly fast. Worth the very little extra over the unprepard price of the shocks.

I HOPE my shocks are good as they say they are. ive been waiting for almost a month now for them. everytime i call there no answer. no return calls!

Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post
    I HOPE my shocks are good as they say they are. ive been waiting for almost a month now for them. everytime i call there no answer. no return calls!
    You will either like them or completely hate them but on the bright side if you decide to stop racing dirt late models and start racing cup cars at talledega you will already have shocks with plenty of rebound in your front shocks and plenty of compression in your left rear.

I have a problem here! I order some shocks form envy about 8 weeks ago. I was told that they would be about 2 weeks for delivery. called and left messages! just want to know when i might get them but no return calls................... already charged card!!!

Not good!

Im not on here trying to bad mouth a company. just if you spend thats kind of money you deserve a phone call.. dont you think

I really hope this not what it seems to be! Was told he is one of the best in the business. I trusted him at his word. kirk I hope your reading this!

If anybody knows how to get in touch with him please let me know.
    credit card fraud is a serious crime!!!!!

Is there anybody out there knows how to get in touch with envy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post
    Is there anybody out there knows how to get in touch with envy!!!!
    Honestly i would just let him keep the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shocks, unless your running on hammer down conditions your going to have to spend the money all over again to have new pistons and valving installed when you get them back. If you ask 10 randon dirt latemodel guys what they think about "The Captian" your going to get at least 7 of them that say hes a jack o%% and stay the hell away from him then youll get 2 guys who say they herd hes decent and then you get the one guy who was actually happy with what he got. I dont sell shocks, I have no dog in this fight but dead seriously i wouldnt run his $hit again if he gave it to me for free The dude talks a great game he (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near claims bloomquist and birkhoffer would have never won a single race if it wasnt for him and well he hasnt been around bloomer or birkhoffer for quite a few years and im not sure if you noticed but they both won before him and they still win after him. If you have any questions and would like me to further explain my opinion just email me @hucktyson@aol.com.

''''''''''''''''
    Last edited by coloracer; 07-15-2011 at 07:43 AM.

envy has charged over 2000$ to my card! And i cant even get him to answer the phone. Its been over 8 weeks. I dont know if hes dead are alive... if hes stolen my money are what.

this is credit card fruad!

This has been going on for a couple of years now. No one should be doing business with this dude. There are way to many places to get good shock advice and work done then to mess with him.

I dont care what you guys want to write on here, but please sign your name so others are not accused of posting it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    This has been going on for a couple of years now. No one should be doing business with this dude. There are way to many places to get good shock advice and work done then to mess with him.
    Yes, you can even work with Afco directly, they've got some great people working for them.