FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

June 13, 2011

Josh McGuire Captures First Victory of 2011 Season in PRP Season Opener!

(GRAYSON, KENTUCKY) The Josh McGuire Racing (JMR) team scored their first triumph of the 2011 racing season on Saturday night, June 11 at the Portsmouth Raceway Park in Portsmouth, Ohio. The season opener at PRP was billed as the 'Stars & Stripes 35' and paid $3,000 to the winner. Josh McGuire laid down the second quickest lap during the qualifying session and later finished fourth in the dash.

After rolling off from the outside of the second row in the A-Main, Josh worked his way past leader R.J. Conley on lap sixteen to grab the point. The Grayson, Kentucky native went on to lead the rest of the 35-lap race to cash the $3,000 win over R.J. Conley, Delmas Conley, Rod Conley, and Jason Montgomery. Complete results from PRP can be viewed by clicking on www.portsraceway.com.

“It feels good to get back into victory lane again, especially at Portsmouth,” commented McGuire after his win in the seventh race of his season. “We have had a pretty fast racecar this year, but just don’t have the results to show for it. The track was a little rough in turns one and two, but for all of the flooding that the track endured this spring, I thought it held up rather well. I have to thank my family, my sponsors, and everyone associated with our program for all of their support. Hopefully, the win at Portsmouth was the first of many for us this year!”

The #41 team will take the upcoming June 17-18 weekend off from Dirt Late Model competition, as Josh and his family will enjoy some vacation time. Their next race is scheduled to be Saturday, June 25 at the Lake Cumberland Speedway in Burnside, Kentucky. A $3,000 top prize will be up for grabs at LCS in an unsanctioned event. You can keep up with Josh’s latest schedule plans online at www.joshmcguireracing.com.

Josh would like to thank all of those dedicated sponsors who have backed him through the years including: GCP Race Engines, MasterSbilt Race Cars, C.J. Rayburn Race Cars, DJ's Kitchen Corner, K&E Trucking, Tri-State Floor Covering, Budda – Bert Transmission Sales & Service, Mar-Kel Enterprises, Topping’s Commercial Services, Sebco, Inc., RW Rental Supply, Key-Way Trucking, Moondog Performance, Ashland Specialty, Omer’s Exxon, McGuire Speed Shop, Dave Poske's Performance Parts, Hoosier Tires by Frye, Performance Rod & Custom (PRC), ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bazell Race Fuels, Stealth Carburetors, PPM Racing Products, Wiles Driveshafts, Peterson Fluid Systems, K&N Filters, Integra Shocks, Port City Racing, Cizmar Rivets, Mason Racin’, Dyer’s Top Rods, Sweet Mfg., Impact Racing Decals, Dart Machinery, Delph Communications, and Schoenfeld Headers.

The latest dirt on Josh McGuire can be found all year long on his official home on the web, located at www.joshmcguireracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com