FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

June 13, 2011

Don O’Neal Breaks Through Crown Jewel Barrier to Win $100,000 Dream XVII

(MARTINSVILLE, INDIANA) Martinsville, Indiana native Don O'Neal captured his first crown jewel victory of his career and the largest payday in Dirt Late Model racing this year over the June 10-11 weekend by winning the 17th Annual 'Dream' at the famed Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio! Don started his magical weekend on Friday night by laying down the twelfth quickest lap of the ninety-one entrants during the two-round qualifying session. When Saturday rolled around, Don started fifth in his stacked heat race, but was able to maneuver past three competitors to finish a solid second behind only winner Darrell Lanigan.

The strong prelim run allowed the driver known as "The Real Deal" to roll off from the outside of the sixth row in the 100-lap 'Dream XVII.' Don was patient throughout the early portion of the race, but turned up the heat on the competition in the middle stages. The pilot of the Magnaflow Exhaust Products #71 MasterSbilt / Jay D1ckens Camaro moved up into the top five by lap 31, passed Will Vaught for third on lap 64, and then picked off Darrell Lanigan for the second position on lap 79. Finally, Don overtook race-long leader Billy Moyer going into turn one of the 87th circuit and held off Moyer, Lanigan, Vaught, and Eddie Carrier, Jr. to score the hefty $100,000 triumph! Complete results from the 17th Annual 'Dream' can be viewed online by visiting www.eldoraspeedway.com.

“It has been a long time coming to win one of these crown jewel events and we finally got the job done,” exclaimed O’Neal, who became the second Hoosier State driver to claim a ‘Dream’ victory. “We had a fast racecar all weekend long and I can’t think my crew enough for all of their help. I found a little different line on the racetrack around the halfway point in the race and from there, I thought I had a shot to win the thing. It just feels so good to finally break through in one of these big races at Eldora. I have to thank my crew again, Magnaflow Exhaust Products, MasterSbilt Race Cars, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, Superior Cleaning Services, and everyone that is a part of this race team!”

Following the popular win at the “Big E” over the weekend, Don has now reached victory lane on five different occasions in 2011 at five different venues: Ocala (FL) Speedway, Volusia (FL) Speedway Park, Brownstown (IN) Speedway, Florence (KY) Speedway, and Eldora (OH) Speedway. In addition to those five wins, Don has racked up sixteen Top Five finishes and twenty-two Top Ten efforts in the twenty-five races that he has entered this year. You can keep up with Team 71 Racing by clicking on their official website at www.dononeal71.com.

The MasterSbilt House Car team and Don O’Neal will return to action this week in a trio of events in Indiana, South Carolina, and Virginia. Their busy week will kick-off on Wednesday night, June 15 at the nearby Brownstown Speedway in Brownstown, Indiana. The grueling UMP Summer Nationals circuit will hold their $5,000 to win opener at the Jackson County fairgrounds complex on Wednesday.

A day off on Thursday will allow the #71 team to travel to the Southeast for a pair of $10,000 to win Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series showdowns on June 17-18. The Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, South Carolina will take center stage on Friday night, while the Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, Virginia will host the weekend finale on Saturday evening. Don comes into the LOLMDS doubleheader third in the latest series point standings.

The MasterSbilt House Car team would like to thank the following group of sponsors for their support: Magnaflow Exhaust Products, Superior Cleaning Services, Second Chance Livestock Dispatch, O’Neal Mulch, Jones Core, Independence Lumber, MasterSbilt Gen-X Race Cars, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, Budda Dirt Cars, Bulldog Rear Ends, Delph Communications, Hoosier Racing Tires, Janowski Insurance Group, MD3 Noses, Ohlins Shocks, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, Quarter Master, Source Sign, TWM Racing Products, VP Racing Fuel, Wiles Driveshafts, Wilwood Engineering, and Wrisco Industries.

ABOUT MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST PRODUCTS:
Based out of Rancho Santa Margarita, California, Magnaflow Exhaust Products got its start as a natural extension of Car Sound Exhaust systems, which specializes in superior catalytic converter technology and has spent the last 30 years earning its reputation as a market leader around the world. Magnaflow is proud to continue this tradition through producing the best sounding, best performing and most durable exhaust components in the world. If you’re looking for quality, power and sound, then you’re looking for Magnaflow. To learn more about the full line of products that Magnaflow offers and for information on Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, visit www.magnaflow.com.

###

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com