Default Back fire question??

the last few weeks I've had an issue with the engine back firing when reving up the engine in the garage. It only seems to back fire out the left side header and I dont notice it back firing while racing....

Ive replaced plugs and checked valves (most were a little tight). Still back firing but maybe not quite as bad as it was. Its never been a huge back fire but still has my attention to what could be causing it.

Any info would be great....
    Last edited by 35racing; 06-16-2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: i cant spell

id go through the carb. does it have any kind of bog in it when you are getting on or off the throttle?

Default back fire!

check your headers for a crack seen that cause a back fire

i'm still chasing mine on this same deal. Thought i had it fixed....

I cleaned fins on dist that fires the cylinders and blew out dist w/ airgun. Pluged/unplugged msd connections and it stopped back firing. Went raced had problems w/ fuel pressure but wasnt back firing. Washed car unloaded it and started up to drive in garage and it was popping again. pulled plugs looks like water on plugs. also pulled dist and pickup side was about half covered w/ junk. Think these are magnetic? cleaned off that side and havent tried again. I think the pickup and fins being dirty is what was causing my issue and thats a easy visual inspect. i dont suspect the water in the fuel caused the popping but i could be wrong.