Default monoleaf vs 4 bar

would like some opinions on takeing a monoleaf coil over car with 604 and being competive against the 4 bars any advice would be helpful please an thank you

I do not think it would do well. There was a guy on here before trying to sell a leaf chassis that was a special design and set up with the help from the mfg of the leafs and it was the best thing ever, but it never won a race or placed very well except for a few weekly shows when very few cars showed up. I think if you put a lot of effort and time in it you may get a race here or there on a weekly level on a slick small track but the 4 link offers to many advantages and adjustability.

Unhappy

thanks for the input thats sorta what i expected did talk to rabuurn early he swears can still compete but more people i talk too the more makes me want to go ahead with the torch an update i guess

I would like to do the same to mine, but I have no clue where to start. I've never messed with a bar car at all so needless to say I'm at a total loss. Any suggestions on where to get info for such a project?
    U can step on the brake
    U can step on the gas
    But step on ur crank
    UR gonna get passed!

Start with the chassis mfg.

I've already heard rumors that's a waste of time.
    U can step on the brake
    U can step on the gas
    But step on ur crank
    UR gonna get passed!

check ur pm's 82

If you already have the car, give it a shot. I think it can work at some tracks. A 604 car doesn't really need to be nailed down either. You can easily bog them down with too tight a race car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Forget the Mono leaf! Just change it over. The only way to learn is by doing!

Default info

i have never mounted the brackets myself cause honestly i suck badly at welding but, buy your brackets, make your 4 bar mounts and get your birdcage mounts. Put car at ride height on blocks or someway get car level (lift jack stands whatever). then assemble rearend with birdcages and get rearend under car at ride height.with brackets bolted onto 4 link rods and rods bolted to cages and everything where it menat to go you will want brackets center hole at 15 degree uphill from rearend to bracket using bar to get measure ( make sure to check with builder on degree number and hole they use as i used as example). what i am getting at is you have all the measurements of bars to get items in place to be close. you just have to get the specific details on angles. . when doing j-bar remember that it is measured center to center and you also have a bracket which will add in distance where bar is placed.