Default johnson or esslinger

which 1 of them has most hp with a 2.5 steel head and solid lift i heard johnson was 280 and esslinger 210

What are you looking for? Are you talking HP? 280 is the full bore Aluminum head pro 4 motor........... 210 is a realistic # for a good steel head motor with extensive port work.

jst curious i have a 2.5 from esslinger with dyno sheet that has 210 but a guy told me johnson said his 2.5 steel head engine makes 280

I tend to agree with HeadHunter, regarding the HP out of a well-worked 2.5L iron head & a flat-follower cam. With an Esslinger ARCA aluminum head & a .600"+ lift roller cam with a couple of 50DCO side-draft Webers....... now you're looking at some serious HP ! I've seen 317 on an engine dyno. -Dave-

so johnson or esslinger who has the best horsepower i no 210 with esslinger anybody no abt johnson

I just dont see a 280 HP iron head 4 cylinder. Were those numbers from Johnson direct or someone told you that ?

guy bought a motor and he says that

I would beleive 180 but not 280.... I think if you want the truth call them direct.

I agree with Headhunter on this one. Call Tim Yates @ Johnson Machine 864-697-6067
    he has dynod motors like you are asking about & will have a good idea what HP #'s the motors they are building make. Also keep in mind that the same motor will have different HP #'s on different dynos.

Quote Originally Posted by holloway9car View Post
    I agree with Headhunter on this one. Call Tim Yates @ Johnson Machine 864-697-6067
    he has dynod motors like you are asking about & will have a good idea what HP #'s the motors they are building make. Also keep in mind that the same motor will have different HP #'s on different dynos.
    dead on ferrell u nailed it !every dyno is different but 280 is way out there!! it would take a really really good combo to get that with a iron head!!

262 with the aftermarket iron head from Performance. That's a reasonable build...nothing over the top. I'd say 280+ is doable with the aftermarket iron head.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    262 with the aftermarket iron head from Performance. That's a reasonable build...nothing over the top. I'd say 280+ is doable with the aftermarket iron head.
    aftermarket? i thought he was speaking stock cast!! u think that heads any good??

Do you have a link to that head from Performance? I know the one frome Race Engineering had some issues are they the same?

its a rhea head its had alot of issues! from what i hear!! u tried one?