Thread: Dry slick help

Default Dry slick help

Just looking for some help on dry slick,Is a pull bar or a lift bar better,.Thank`s

never ran a mod before but from what ive heard a lift bar creates more drive but theres also alot more tuning involved. we run a 4' spring bar in our pro stock(dirt stock) that works pretty well. select your spring set your pre load add your angle go racing. imca outlawed the lift bar now didnt they?

Nope,there`s ppl running them,i would just like some input on how they work in these`s mod`s,and what spring to start out with,i myself think it would work better,but new to this stuff.

There might be people running them but as of June they weren't supposed to be legal in imca anymore. If you're running open shows or ump rules, you can run it and I think it's an advantage. Kinda yanks the front end down, helps the car turn in using less brake. Also seems to develop more traction center off.

the lift arm with a 5th and 6th coil is the way to make the most traction. thats why you see most of the best touring cars use them. We just had the USMTS cars here and seemed like most of them ran a lift bar as we walked behind the car to take a peek. they are slightly more difficult to tune, but if you get it hooked up you will be better off. but i think IMCA did ban them starting the 1st of this month....https://imca.com/june-1-deadline-nea...-lift-bar-ban/

Default 5th coil

most people unless they are USMTS won't have an answer for you because they are still stuck on a pullbar.Here's a good starting point on UMP tires I don't have any experence with the hard tires yet. 30 inches out with a 3 comp 7 reb shock,with a 200 pound spring (thats where most are missing the answer).It takes at least 80+ pounds of LR and it also takes more bar angle in the LRU bar,that will get you in the ball park if you don't have a quickchange I don't think you can get the arm close enuff to the driveshaft but I could be wrong.If you are on hard tires your 5th arm length would probably need to be in the 36 range.
    Last edited by not clamped up; 06-24-2011 at 12:24 PM.